Author Topic: Tow to Gate Feature Request  (Read 3062 times)

arabian_ceo

Tow to Gate Feature Request
« on: December 23, 2015, 06:54:21 am »
Hello,

This is a fantastic product and it has completely changed how I use flight simulator. I can't imagine P3D without it.

I read on a couple of forum posts that Two to Gate was a feature that may be implemented into future versions. I considered responding to a topic but received red text saying it was over 120 days old and it may be better to start a new topic. Following that advice, I am doing so simply to ask if that's still on the list of features to be added. It would be nice to land, taxi to the entrance of the ramp, shut down and get towed to a gate, or towed between gates (i.e. push back from gate 6, tow to gate 10, for example).

As a suggestion, perhaps, depending on the AFCAD, we can tell GSX which taxiways to take and, with the brakes, control whether the tug starts and stops to simulate holding between taxiways or giving way to other traffic.

Just a suggestion. I'd love to hear what the status is on this, if it's still planned.

Either way, great work. This is a wonderful addon.

-M

pete_auau

Re: Tow to Gate Feature Request
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2015, 08:28:13 am »
Cant  see  what the purpose  to get  towed between gates,  this usually  occurs during maintenance  etc,   and  getting  towed  via  taxiways is  asking  for trouble  with all the different  airports  afcad  out there

arabian_ceo

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2015, 08:40:51 am »
Cant  see  what the purpose  to get  towed between gates,  this usually  occurs during maintenance  etc,   and  getting  towed  via  taxiways is  asking  for trouble  with all the different  airports  afcad  out there

I could see how that is, but it'll still be a neat feature that would really enhance things.

Either way, just a suggestion. :)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2015, 11:30:20 am »
Yes, we confirm this feature will surely appear in a future version, together with the ability to pull the airplane other than push, in order to simulate more tricky pushback when pushing is not enough.

The two features go together: once you have the ability to pull, doing a gate-to-gate push, or even a push-in to gate, is very easy.

Rustydog

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2015, 11:31:12 pm »
Great news that this is still on the agenda. I believe it would be a great addition.
Intel Core i5 4690 (OC 4500Mhz), GeForce GTX1060 6gb GDDR5, P3Dv4.4, PMDG 737u,