Author Topic: P3d v3 Keeps Crashing with fsdt Addons **SOLVED**  (Read 5958 times)

b7x7

P3d v3 Keeps Crashing with fsdt Addons **SOLVED**
« on: December 21, 2015, 10:41:22 am »
Please Help Me...

I own GSX as well as Chicago O'Hare from fsdreamteam.  I was using them on Prepar3d v2.5 without any issues.

Last week I purchased Prepar3d version 3 and re-installed all my scenery and addon-ons. I downloaded the latest installers for GSX and KORD on Saturday (19/12/2015). I installed GSX and KORD after which P3d began crashing. I have isolated the problem to the fsdreamteam products.  The sim crashes no matter which fsdreamteam product I install (i.e. crashes with either GSX or KORD or both installed).

A summary of the situation is as follows:

(a) The crash occurs within 5 minutes of launching the sim and starting a flight at any airport (i.e. not necessarily a fsdreamteam airport).

(b) I cannot post the log file at the moment as I am not at my home computer but the crash affects the StackHash module.

(c) I have turned Avatar mode off (crash happens regardless of whether Avatar mode is on or off).

(d) I have downloaded and installed the stand alone Add-on Manager as well - P3d still crashes.

(e) I have tried uninstalling and re-installing the products and nothing works.

(f) I have made sure that the FSX SP2 SimConnect is installed. Older versions of SimConnect are not present- I have uninstalled them so that they do not interfere. P3d crashed regardless of how many SimConnect versions were installed. I read on another post that older version could interfere, hence I uninstalled them and only installed the latest SimConnect. P3d still crashes.

(g) I have the latest version of FSUIPC installed (freeware, unregistered).

(h) My P3d version 3 is installed on a separate SSD away from the OS. It is on its own. The fsdreamteam products get installed in the Lockheed Martin folder.

(i) My P3d is set to run as Administrator.

(j) I also have ASN and Ezdok which both use SimConnect and they work flawlessly.

(k) I have Estonia Migration Tool installed (only enabled when I need it).

(l) My anti-virus software (Avast) is turned off when downloading and installing the fsdt products.

Any assistance will be appreciated. I love fsdt's products and really want to continue using them.

Please help.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2015, 11:28:19 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: P3d v3 Keeps Crashing with fsdt Addons
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2015, 10:47:29 am »
I had the first Teamviewer session with an affected user right now, and witnessed the crash. I reinstalled the Stand-Alone Addon Manager, and it was fixed. I cannot explain it, other than he must have a bad download somehow.

So, first try to reinstall the Stand-Alone Addon manager now.

b7x7

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2015, 10:49:47 am »
Thanks so much for the prompt reply Umberto. I will re-download the Add-On Manager and try again this evening. I will post an update.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2015, 11:37:27 am »
I will re-download the Add-On Manager and try again this evening.

If you downloaded the Stand-Alone Addon Manager recently, there's no need to download it again. Just run it.

b7x7

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2015, 11:39:20 am »
I downloaded it on Saturday and the crashes were occurring up until a few hours ago.

Is there a specific order to install everything? May I install it in this order:

1. GSX
2. KORD
3. Stand alone Download manager?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2015, 12:36:45 pm »
I downloaded it on Saturday and the crashes were occurring up until a few hours ago.

As I've said:

try to reinstall the Stand-Alone Addon manager now.

There's no special installation order or anything else to do, other than doing what I've said ( " reinstall the Stand-Alone Addon manager NOW" ). If there was something else to do, I would clearly said so.

And, there's no need to re-download anything. I said REINSTALL (not "re-download") the Stand-Alone Manager NOW. Nothing else.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2015, 12:38:49 pm by virtuali »

b7x7

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2015, 11:01:14 am »
Hi Umberto.

I am happy to report back that your suggestion to re-install the standalone add-on manager seems to have worked and my P3d does not crash any more.

I re-downloaded the stand alone add-on manager from fsdt's website. I installed GSX then immediately installed the newly downloaded stand alone add-on manager.  When installing I opened the installers as Administrator and made sure the anti virus was turned off. I then installed my KORD scenery and everything seems to works.

Thank you for your suggestions.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2015, 11:28:12 am »
I am happy to report back that your suggestion to re-install the standalone add-on manager seems to have worked and my P3d does not crash any more.

I was sure of it...will mark this thread it as "solved".

downscc

Re: P3d v3 Keeps Crashing with fsdt Addons **SOLVED**
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2015, 07:06:19 pm »
Same here.  First session with P3Dv3.1 had no problem with GSX (although other unrelated issues arose).

Second session kept crashing as soon as I used GSX to call for catering service. Using FSDT KLAX with a PMDG 737 sitting at the gate.  Found this topic, downloaded a copy of the Standalone Addon Manager, installed and first installation had a hiccup. The error message said it was unable to install couatl.exe.  I then went to Microsoft security essentials and set couatl.exe to ignore and re installed successfully.  Been running almost a year without a problem from security essentials.

GSX issues solved. Weird but whatever works.