Author Topic: Can the FollowMe Car be slowed down?  (Read 2650 times)

cortina

Can the FollowMe Car be slowed down?
« on: April 21, 2015, 05:30:13 am »
Hi;

I was wondering if there is a setting to adjust the speed of the FollowMe  Car? The driver sometimes does put the pedal to the metal :) which causes me to exceed the taxi speed limit which sets off the warning horns since the system thinks I am taking off.

It's not really an issue but was just wondering if there is an option to change the speed.

Thanks very much.

Cortina.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Can the FollowMe Car be slowed down?
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2015, 09:37:15 am »
I suggest having a look in the "GSX - Settings" menu, under the "Simulation" tab. That option has been there since GSX has been released...

By default is set to 18 knots so, assuming you haven't changed it, it's quite strange your airplane would think you are taking off, unless the warning comes because you moved the throttle a bit too fast to reach the car because you were left behind.

cortina

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2015, 02:29:48 pm »
Hi Umberto;

Thanks for your response I appreciate it. You may be correct about throttling up to fast to catch up, I will check the GSX settings and maybe slow it a little since I know my Ground Speed on the aircraft is registered at approximately 25+ knots.

BTW: Any development in the works for the a FollowMe car from gate to active runway?

Again, great products GSX and Airport, loving it.

Thanks.
Cortina.

rockingjohncarter

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2015, 07:22:18 am »
I agree with virtuali post. Follow all steps.