Author Topic: GSX installation  (Read 2959 times)

adamob544

GSX installation
« on: December 03, 2015, 08:43:41 pm »
I downloaded GSX from the site, but when I tried to run the installer as admin, I get this error. I am the admin of my pc and I definitely did not block any publisher.
Any help is appreciated! :)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX installation
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2015, 02:55:47 am »
I am the admin of my pc and I definitely did not block any publisher.

Sure you did, nobody except you can do that: when you replied NO to the request to trust an FSDT module (even a while ago, so you forgot doing that), nothing digitally signed by us will run on your system, unless you un-block it manually. It's not possible this setting would change automatically by itself, it requires manual intervention to block and to unblock.

To Undo your action, go to the Control Panel, under "Internet Options", look for the "Content" tab, there should be a "Publishers" button, that will list the software publishers that you trusted, and another tab with untrusted publishers. If you see "Virtuali s.a.s", remove it from both tabs (especially if it's under untrusted)

adamob544

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2015, 08:51:46 am »
I got it installed, but there is nothing different in my sim (fsx). I was going to try a quick demo at LSZH, but still the same as before I installed it.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2015, 03:50:45 pm »
I got it installed, but there is nothing different in my sim (fsx). I was going to try a quick demo at LSZH, but still the same as before I installed it.

You are not supposed to see anything different, just by going there. Have you read the GSX manual ? It doesn't do anything or doesn't add anything, until you CALL IT, using its hotkey, which by default is set to CTRL+Shift+F12.