Author Topic: Keyboard **SOLVED**  (Read 5209 times)

kyurem800

Keyboard **SOLVED**
« on: November 16, 2015, 12:52:48 am »
Hi I have recently bought a new computer and transferred FSX from my old one and also re-installed GSX but the problem is that when I try to configure my aircraft and try to switch between different doors and switch between course and precision modes it just moves the views around. I am hoping that someone might know whats wrong, thank you very much in advance.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2015, 08:40:36 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Keyboard
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2015, 10:51:52 am »
when I try to configure my aircraft and try to switch between different doors and switch between course and precision modes it just moves the views around.

The NumLock key...

kyurem800

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2015, 03:52:26 pm »
My new computer's keyboard does not have a numlock key
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 09:21:43 pm by kyurem800 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2015, 06:40:40 pm »
My new computer's keyboard does not have a numlock key

All PC keyboards have a Numlock key. If it's not a dedicated key, it might be linked to another keypress, like the Fn key.

kyurem800

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2015, 04:14:47 am »
What key function is usually listed in FSX controls that uses the num lock key?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2015, 07:51:16 am »
What key function is usually listed in FSX controls that uses the num lock key?

No function in FSX uses the NumLock key, it's handled by the keyboard itself. Depending if the NumLock key is pressed or not, FSX will either change views OR move the airplane in Slew mode, which is what GSX use.

You might try reset the FSX controls to default, but you will still have to set the NumLock key correctly. As I've said, no PC keyboard comes without any means to set the NumLock, either by a dedicated key OR using another key in combination with a function key, which is common with laptops, see here:

http://www.top-password.com/blog/3-methods-to-disable-numlock-on-a-laptop-keyboard/

kyurem800

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2015, 02:42:35 pm »
Thank you I will try the suggestions in that link you sent.

kyurem800

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2015, 10:11:16 pm »
I finally figured it out, the key wass assigned to the end key. Just one more question, is the key that switches between the course mode and precision mode also handled by the keyboard itself or it it an fsx key?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2015, 09:22:58 am »
I finally figured it out, the key wass assigned to the end key. Just one more question, is the key that switches between the course mode and precision mode also handled by the keyboard itself or it it an fsx key?

On a regular keyboard, is the Numpad 5, which in FSX, by default, controls the "Reset Slew mode" function.

There's a chart in the GSX manual, when the airplane configuration editor, which clearly indicate the default key used, the function assigned in the GSX editor, and the function normally by FSX to that key when the GSX editor is not active.

GSX is not reading the keyboard directly. That would be wrong, because it would prevent you to reassign keys.

If you redefine the "Slew Reset" (which controls the toggle between coarse/precision mode in GSX, ONLY when the editor is active), from the default Numpad 5 to, let's say, a joystick BUTTON, GSX WILL use it, and FSX too so, in that case, the newly assigned joystick button will now control the Reset function when you are in the default FSX Slew mode OR the toggle between coarse/precision mode in GSX, when GSX is inside the airplane configuration editor.

Basically, GSX doesn't care about the keyboard directly, it only intercepts an FSX EVENT, regardless how you configured it.

kyurem800

« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2015, 04:03:37 pm »
Thank you very much for your help! 😄😄