Author Topic: GSX FSX SP2  (Read 3152 times)

Wardd

GSX FSX SP2
« on: June 25, 2015, 01:44:09 pm »
Hi,

Hopefully this is in the right section, apologies if it is not, this is my first post.

I have had GSX for a couple years now and have to say I really like it and can't imagine FSX without it.

I recently upgraded my PC and I have been having a problem with the pushback feature.
My PC is Windows 7 64bit, core i5, 250GB SSD, GTX 640 2GB. 8GB RAM.
I have tested this problem with several set ups ranging from all types of aircraft and all types of airports, including add on scenery and default and the problem is random. It only happens some times, I can't see the common link that might be causing it. I have tried both the most recent version (1.9 I think) and the new beta version of GSX and the problem appears on both. I do not have any other ground handling software installed such as AES. Also my FPS are nearly always around 25 to 30 and lucky I have almost no micro stutters.

Anyway to get to the point of the problem, basically when I request pushback, all is well but once it starts the movement is extremely jumpy and the whole movement freezes for a second or 2 then leaps to catch up with itself. I have tried restarting GSX but the problem persists. All other animations are very smooth. I don't think this is a performance issue as the frame rate is ok and I have AI levels low.

Apologies if this is already answered I did search first but possibly missed it.

Hopefully someone can help and thank you in advance.

Cheers,

Dean.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX FSX SP2
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2015, 01:54:04 pm »
Anyway to get to the point of the problem, basically when I request pushback, all is well but once it starts the movement is extremely jumpy and the whole movement freezes for a second or 2 then leaps to catch up with itself. I have tried restarting GSX but the problem persists. All other animations are very smooth. I don't think this is a performance issue as the frame rate is ok and I have AI levels low.

We had this issue in one of the initial Couatl 3 Beta release, but it has been fixed since several version by now. It never appeared in the standard Couatl 2, and nobody has reported it in the Beta after we fixed it.

However, that problem affected all vehicles. You say it's ONLY the Pushback, and other GSX animations are not affected ?

Wardd

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2015, 02:29:22 pm »
Yes it only happens during pushback. De icer, fuel, catering trucks and baggage/ stairs all move smoothly.

The tug and the marshaller both have issues during the push though.

I recently tried a fresh install of GSX but I will try again this evening and see if any version runs smoothly.

Thank you for the quick reply.

Wardd

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2015, 11:50:38 pm »
Hi,

I haven't had much of a chance to return to this topic lately apologies but I was just wondering have you come across this again. I continue to have this problem and it is as random as ever. It varies from plane to plane and airport to airport.

I uninstalled GSX tonight completely and downloaded the latest version from your website but I continue to have this issue.

Have you any other suggestions?

Thank you.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2015, 12:04:57 am »
I'm sorry but, you are still the only one that reported this problem, after we fixed it while we were in Beta.

Wardd

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2015, 08:30:34 pm »
I messed around with this some more just now and just for your information or if someone else ever does also have this problem, turning off the displayed messages has made a huge difference.

I also use FS2Crew so it meant multi messages at start up/pushback phase. There are now only very minor stutters that I can live with and they only occur under the most testing conditions.

So happy to go on using GSX now, as I said in my first post I can't imagine FSX without it.