Author Topic: GSX Error Log  (Read 3868 times)

ScottecLEMD

GSX Error Log
« on: August 29, 2015, 11:20:15 pm »
Hi Umberto

I did a clean install of GSX in Prepar3D V2.5 (Windows 10).

Airport - EGNT UK 2000
Aircraft - Majestic Dash 8 Flybe
GSX Handling - Menzies

All appeared to be working normally.  I parked on stand 21 at EGNT after being marshalled, shutown my engines and then requested deboarding from the GSX menu. 

By the time I had opened my cabin and cargo door I received an error message which basically stated I needed to download the Standalone Manager and install this.  GSX also created the following error log.

I have now installed the Standalone Manager but will not be able to test this until tomorrow (30-08-2015).

Regards

Ken

couatl v3.0 (build 3156)
panic log started on Sat Aug 29 22:16:25 2015

problem raised by addon <unknown>
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "couatl\common\fsm.py", line 67, in executeDoFuncToCompletion
  File "couatl\GSX\assistanceServices\baseAssistanceVehicle.py", line 222, in do
  File "couatl\common\simObjectMoverIK.py", line 389, in run
RuntimeError: cruise speed must be positive

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Error Log
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2015, 10:33:17 pm »
This issue has been discussed many times already ( you could have searched the forum for "cruise speed must be positive" ), for example here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,10287.msg80270.html#msg80270
http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,9747.msg76931.html#msg76931

This error indicates the scenery AFCAD has an error, like overlapping nodes, orphaned nodes, unconnected links, unreachable parkings, etc. You might try to fix it using the ADE or AFX "Fault Finder" options, or at least having an idea what's wrong with the AFCAD, and report it to the developers.

ScottecLEMD

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2015, 05:29:49 pm »
The error log meant nothing to me and as such I posted on this forum. I still cannot make the connection between the RuntimeError message and the message generated onscreen to download the Standalone Manager as a fix to this problem, since you are saying that this is most likely an ADE problem.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2015, 09:32:25 pm »
The error log meant nothing to me and as such I posted on this forum.

I just said you could have used the search function and insert the error text as it is (without having to understand it), so you would have found the other thread I indicated, which explains why it happens.

I still cannot make the connection between the RuntimeError message and the message generated onscreen to download the Standalone Manager as a fix to this problem, since you are saying that this is most likely an ADE problem

The error message box will always tell you to download the Standalone Manager, regardless WHICH error you'll have.

This, to ensure you have the latest version of the code because, it might be possible that you have OTHER errors that might be real GSX's faults, and might have been corrected by the latest version of the code.

But THIS specific error, is a problem of the scenery, so it cannot be fixed by anyone other than the scenery author.

Or you, of course, if you know how to use ADE to fix error in sceneries.