Author Topic: GSX crashes 2nd time starting FSX: Acceleration  (Read 4368 times)

p3dx3

GSX crashes 2nd time starting FSX: Acceleration
« on: September 22, 2015, 06:54:38 am »
If I delete my program data\virtuali\couatl folder, and start FSX, everything runs okay

If I restart my computer after closing FSX, and start FSX again, GSX now crashes on FSX start

"Couatl Scripting Engine for FSX/ESP has stopped working"

I click close, and it gives me

"runtime error 216 at 005A622E"

If I delete the program data folder again it works until I close FSX and start it again.

I made sure to download the GSX installer and run it again so I had the latest version. This issue started happening this past week.

There is a couatl.err file and it says inside

couatl v3.0 (build 3171)
panic log started on Tue Sep 15 19:11:00 2015

problem raised by addon <unknown>
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "couatl\common\fsm.py", line 67, in executeDoFuncToCompletion
  File "couatl\GSX\assistanceServices\pushBack.py", line 343, in do
  File "couatl\GSX\assistanceServices\pushBack.py", line 313, in makeRegularPath
IndexError: pop from empty list
« Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 06:56:35 am by 413x3 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX crashes 2nd time starting FSX: Acceleration
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2015, 08:05:39 am »
The error in the Couatl.ERR file it's most likely a problem in the AFCAD, but it's dated Sept 15th, so maybe this is not what it's happening now.

When you remove the cache folder ( C:\ProgramData\Virtuali\Couatl ), do you see GSX regenerating its cache at the next FSX restart ? If yes, does the cache regeneration complete successfully ?

p3dx3

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2015, 10:32:14 am »
The error in the Couatl.ERR file it's most likely a problem in the AFCAD, but it's dated Sept 15th, so maybe this is not what it's happening now.

When you remove the cache folder ( C:\ProgramData\Virtuali\Couatl ), do you see GSX regenerating its cache at the next FSX restart ? If yes, does the cache regeneration complete successfully ?

do not remember a message on the screen telling me the cache was rebuilt successfully. I am in the middle of a flight I will quit and try starting again after a restart to see if it errors out again

p3dx3

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2015, 01:52:08 am »

It happened again now after installing a scenery. It had rebuilt itself fine the last time.

p3dx3

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2015, 06:21:06 am »
Another problem, after landing, the marshaller stands there in front of the aircraft, even after I request de-boarding and it starts

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2015, 11:24:47 am »
It happened again now after installing a scenery. It had rebuilt itself fine the last time.

What has happened again ? The cache regeneration (which is normal), the crash ?

I think the most likely issue, is that you are restarting FSX too quickly when it was still not entirely closed, so Couatl.exe was still running from the previous session.

Note that, if you add a new scenery manually while inside FSX, you MUST restart FSX, even if the scenery is already active in the Scenery Library. GSX won't try to check if a cache regeneration is needed after FSX started, but only at startup.

Remove the cache folder again, and be sure Couatl.exe is not running before trying to restart FSX.

Another problem, after landing, the marshaller stands there in front of the aircraft, even after I request de-boarding and it starts

This might still related to a failure to regenerate the cache, so GSX is using the wrong data for the airport, so things will be misplaced.

p3dx3

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2015, 08:11:01 am »
I get the message that it regenerated successfully

If I restart the computer, and add scenery to the library, then start fsx, gsx crashes on start. I have to delete the couatl folder each time after adding scenery.

This only started happening the past couple days
« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 11:14:58 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2015, 11:16:21 am »
If I restart the computer, and add scenery to the library, then start fsx, gsx crashes on start. I have to delete the couatl folder each time after adding scenery.

This only started happening the past couple days[/quote]

Enable logging from the Troubleshoot menu under GSX Settings, and send your Couatl.log file, after you add a new scenery.