Author Topic: O'Hare expansion update  (Read 4201 times)

TWA Pilot

O'Hare expansion update
« on: November 06, 2008, 08:45:56 pm »
The City Of Chicago plans to open the new "north" runway 9L/27R on November 20th.....Olso in the plans for opening is the new north tower.
My guess the home town airline United will crissen in the runway. Having the honnors should be a 777......

Cheers,
Doug

SirIsaac726

Re: O'Hare expansion update
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2008, 09:10:57 pm »
If you're asking about an update to the scenery, you might want to read this:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=661.0

Search function will do ya' wonders. ;)

I personally think it should be a 747 (if it can handle that).  But it will probably be whatever plane happens to be the one in the sequence that can take the runway with efficiency.

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2008, 04:46:16 pm »
But it will probably be whatever plane happens to be the one in the sequence that can take the runway with efficiency.

That's pretty much the gist of it.  When the wind shifts, first aircraft in line gets it.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

TWA Pilot

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2008, 11:14:57 pm »
If you're asking about an update to the scenery, you might want to read this:

Well I did read the update post, I knew about it when O'Hare was being developed.....That was why I posted the info, as for what plane, I don't think it will matter whos first or not, for PR reasons my guess United will have the honors and a nice and clean 777 will be the lucky plane. I'm sure a few fly-bys first and then the big moment....touchdown!! LOL

Doug