Author Topic: City buildings?  (Read 3843 times)

Johnathan Pata

City buildings?
« on: June 29, 2015, 01:20:09 am »
Hey Guys,

I have a question for you guys. I found this scenery New York X by drzewiecki and I heard that it is a frame killer, so my question is... after all the airport scenery is finish would you guys consider creating city buildings?
Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10850K
OPERATING SYSTEM:Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium, 64Bit
HARD DRIVE: 1 SAMSUNG EVO 840 SSD with 2TB HDD and a 875W Multi-GPU Approved Power Supply
MEMORY: 32GB Dual Channel DDR3 at 1333MHz   
VIDEO CARD:4GB NVIDIA GTX 960

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: City buildings?
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2015, 11:24:41 am »
We'd rather concentrate on airports. City sceneries are not that popular, and there are already two city sceneries available for New York, it won't make much sense to create a 3rd one.

Sammy

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2015, 01:02:02 pm »
Actually I like like when I take off over city sceneries rather than a empty space outside the airport. I cant see who would'nt like that but I understand an area like New York is not worth it cuz of VAS. If you are making an airport in a low VAS area it would be nice to add scenery outside the airport.

pcubine

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2015, 01:56:32 pm »
I cant see who would'nt like that
On takeoff and climb out your eyes should be in the cockpit flying the plane rather than looking at scenery. As long as KJFK has the runways, taxiways, and terminals it could be sitting in a desert.
Michael Cubine

NZXT H440 Mid Tower, ASRock Z170 MB, i7-7700K (OC 5.0), Corsair Hydro H1 15i Liquid Cooling, 32GB DDR4 TridentZ SDRAM 3000MHz, 11GB NVIDA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Video Card, 1000 Watt Corsair RM Series Power Supply, 1TB Samsung 850 Pro SSD

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2015, 03:18:01 pm »
Actually I like like when I take off over city sceneries rather than a empty space outside the airport.

When you take off from New York, even on a default scenery, the area is FAR for being "empty". If anything, is already too full by default.

The original suggest, was that we should offer a 3rd city add-on for NYC area, because the existing ones are not entirely satisfying from a performance point of view, which I don't think it makes much sense.

If you are making an airport in a low VAS area it would be nice to add scenery outside the airport.

There are other developers who are more specialized in improving details in the base scenery, which is why, it's best if we stick strictly to the area of the airport property, in order to have the less possible chance of conflicts, and leave users with the most flexibility in choosing these other add-ons.

Johnathan Pata

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2015, 08:48:09 pm »
We'd rather concentrate on airports. City sceneries are not that popular, and there are already two city sceneries available for New York, it won't make much sense to create a 3rd one.

Thats what I thought just wanted to ask, as the saying says if it aint broke dont fix it. :)
Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10850K
OPERATING SYSTEM:Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium, 64Bit
HARD DRIVE: 1 SAMSUNG EVO 840 SSD with 2TB HDD and a 875W Multi-GPU Approved Power Supply
MEMORY: 32GB Dual Channel DDR3 at 1333MHz   
VIDEO CARD:4GB NVIDIA GTX 960