Author Topic: Why is Couatl not installing? **SOLVED**  (Read 5015 times)

Jubester

Why is Couatl not installing? **SOLVED**
« on: May 10, 2015, 09:43:07 pm »
Hi there. I'm trying to demo a scenery, and it says Couatl needs to be updated. When I try to update it, Couatl flashes something on the screen that I can't read in time. All it says is something to do with cfg. Can anyone help me?
« Last Edit: June 26, 2015, 09:16:09 am by virtuali »

pgde

Re: Why is Couatl not installing?
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2015, 05:47:24 am »
Are you using FSX or Prepar3d?

Try downloading the stand alone manager at http://www.fsdreamteam.com/products_addonmanager.html. Choose your simulator, make sure your Antivirus and Antispyware programs are OFF and then run the manager from that link.

Once run, reboot your PC and see if that solves the problem.

Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK, Blk Ed MB; Intel I7-4790K CPU (@4.5 Ghz); Deepcool 240 AIO Cooler; 16 Gb G.Skill RAM (F3-2400); Win10 Pro (P3D V5.3); 2 Samsung 1Tb SSDs;Toshiba 3Tb hard drive; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

Jubester

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2015, 09:46:40 pm »
Ok. But when I try to install the standalone addon manager, it says "setup needs to update couatl scripting engine for fsx. I tried updating it, but is said something stupid about a .cfg error. Do you need to own a Fsdt product for the addon manager to work?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2015, 09:50:11 pm »
Ok. But when I try to install the standalone addon manager, it says "setup needs to update couatl scripting engine for fsx

What setup ? Please indicate the precise, exact, text of of the error message.

.I tried updating it, but is said something stupid about a .cfg error.

It doesn't say anything "stupid". It has probably found an ALREADY CORRUPTED file on your system, and it's giving you an USEFUL message that will help you troubleshoot the problem that you already had before.

Christoph4445

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2015, 08:17:41 pm »
I seem to be having the same issue. I've most of the FSDT Airports installed. Today I finally bought all of the Honolulu sceneries. Trying to install them I get the following message:

The following applications are using files that need to be updated by Setup. ... :
Couatl Scripting Engine FSX/ESP
Automatically close applications: yes.

Then I get the following notice:

Setup was unable to automatically Close all applications ... . Retry again or ...

However, retrying it again doesn't help. Ignoring it doesn't help.

I then downloaded the latest Add-on Manager, but I ended up with the same Problem.
Now (or maybe before and I hadn't noticed) all the buildings of KLAX (and probably all other FSDT sceneries) have disappeared.
What can I do? Thanks for your support.

Christoph
« Last Edit: June 21, 2015, 08:21:02 pm by Christoph4445 »

Christoph4445

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2015, 08:53:32 pm »
I have just updated Couatl via the updater.
I have reinstalled the add-on Manager by pressing the "igonre"-button about 5 times. It worked but I don't know whether it did any good.
The add-on Manager says that e.g. KLAX is active. But I still don't get any buildings.

Chris

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2015, 09:34:49 pm »
The error above was due to the fact that FSX was still in the process of closing all its opened files, because you launched the installer too quickly after exiting from FSX, not allowing enough time to release the lock on opened file.

Reinstalling after a Windows restart should fix this.

Christoph4445

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2015, 07:52:24 pm »
Yes, indeed. Everything is fine now. Thanks for your great support. :)

Chris

Jubester

Re: Why is Couatl not installing? **SOLVED**
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2015, 04:21:43 pm »
Yes. Same here.