Author Topic: exception ERROR in request  (Read 1947 times)

spotvector

exception ERROR in request
« on: May 25, 2015, 10:20:11 pm »
Hey people - its me again (unfortunately) with a new kind of stuff.

So - starting a flight at KLAX, everything initializes. Checking the Menu Addon Manager is there, under couatl powered products all GSX Options are there (including the customize airports file - so the scenery is okay this time, as we learned with the last error), but pressing any (already tried many key options) key, the GSX window wont open, just the control for the scenery (open AA etc.)

Learning from the last error I let it give me the logfile and I looked into it, discovering everything is okay except the last bit:

Code: [Select]
D:/P3D/FsDreamTeam/KLAX_V2/scenery/KLAX_AP.BGL
Using airport customization from

GSX.airports.klax_fsdt
Error: exception ERROR in request 00000261

The complete log is attached.

Thanks in advance for you help!

PPS: Antivirus is completely turned off

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: exception ERROR in request
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2015, 09:51:30 am »
Nobody ever reported such error.

It seems that GSX simply tried to talk to the sim, and got an error, as if there was a problem with Simconnect in the sim. What other 3rd party addons modules you have installed ?

You can activate the Simconnect diagnostic mode to see what's wrong with your system. Open notepad, and copy the following text:

[SimConnect]
level=errors
console=1
RedirectStdOutToConsole=1
OutputDebugString=1
; file=c:\simconnect%03u.log
; file_next_index=0
; file_max_index=9

Save the file as SIMCONNECT.INI in this folder:

Documents And Settings\YOUR LOGIN NAME\Documents\Prepar3d V2 files

At the next launch of the sim, you should see a text window with diagnostic message, that should tell what's going wrong. You should probably see some likes with the word "exception" in.