Author Topic: Timing of the procedures in GSX  (Read 4350 times)

Dimon

Timing of the procedures in GSX
« on: May 11, 2015, 01:33:10 pm »
I have noticed that 15 sec is assigned for 200 pax planes for both boarding and catering. I understand that those unrealistic timings are for minimum times only. So, what does control the actual timings? Also, what is the best values to deal in FS reality?

Thanks
i7-6700k@4.6Ghz, Z170 Delux, 980Ti-6GB5700, 2TB EVO850, 16GB DDR4 RAM Win7/64 PRO.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Timing of the procedures in GSX
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2015, 02:02:12 pm »
You can adjust those timings to your liking with the GSX - Settings -> Timings page. They are adjustable because each user habits are different, and they control only the *abstract* parts of the process, not the actual animations, which are fixed.

For example, during boarding/deboarding, you can control only the timing of the part that simulates boarding/deboarding passengers (where you hear their voices), but the boarding/deboarding of luggage will not change. Same as for refueling, what's being controlled is the duration of the pause after the FSX fuel loading page appears, which depends on the fuel quantity loaded.

There's nothing related to catering, instead, because that's use only animations, with no "abstract" parts.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 05:24:59 pm by virtuali »

Dimon

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2015, 02:04:44 pm »
Thank you
i7-6700k@4.6Ghz, Z170 Delux, 980Ti-6GB5700, 2TB EVO850, 16GB DDR4 RAM Win7/64 PRO.

Dimon

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2015, 02:07:13 pm »
Just did a quick test yesterday with NGX, from Aerosoft ENBR to FT EKCH. All the timings were set to 900 (nine hundred) seconds. Nevertheless, once the baggage (approx. 30 suitcase) were uploaded for 4-5 minutes, the baggage carts were gone. The same happened with catering.

Any method to extend the timing of the procedures?

Thanks

PS. Love the program. Wish GSX were working with double/triple jetways at ALL airports.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2015, 09:59:47 pm »
Nevertheless, once the baggage (approx. 30 suitcase) were uploaded for 4-5 minutes, the baggage carts were gone.

As I've said already in my previous message, the timings you set there DO NOT have ANY effect on the animation, the number of baggage or the number of carts. They don't control ANYTHING that you can "see".

The ONLY thing thing those timings controls, are the simulated/abstract parts of the procedures which are:

- The time the audio waves with the passenger voices plays, for Boarding/Deboarding

AND

- The pause between the appearance of the default Fuel panel (which will not appear on a PMDG airplane, since GSX *knows* that airplane has its own custom loader) and when the refuel Truck goes away

The same happened with catering.

Again, as I've said in my previous message, since the catering doesn't have "abstract" parts, it's all animation, there's NO timing setting that controls the catering, surely you don't see anything related to catering in the timing settings page...

Any method to extend the timing of the procedures?

With the timing sliders. Only for the NON-animated parts.

Animations cannot simply be extended like that, they have to be *made* to last longer so, for example, the baggage carts should be able to hold more luggage and/or being able to do several trips, etc.

Wish GSX were working with double/triple jetways at ALL airports.

It's not possible it would work with "ALL" airports, and NO program does that. Maybe you meant "selected airports that you must pay separately for each one", which is not the GSX business model.

Of course, when we'll finally tackle the jetway issue, you can be sure we WILL have double and triple jetways, at least for FSDT airports, since we don't like the "pay for every airport" approach.