Author Topic: FSX Steam Update 23.04.2015 broke coatl compatibility **SOLVED**  (Read 4128 times)

data63

Hi!

it looks like the FSX-SE update (new simconnect) distributed today broke compatibility to COATL

any patch in sight?

Happy Landings

Juergen
« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 09:05:23 am by virtuali »

Ironkidz

Re: FSX Steam Update 23.04.2015 broke coatl compatibility
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2015, 12:20:59 am »
Still works just fine for me and I am running the latest build. Just left FSDT KORD with GSX installed and it was fine. Maybe try reinstalling the latest Beta Addon manager.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: FSX Steam Update 23.04.2015 broke coatl compatibility
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2015, 09:05:16 am »
it looks like the FSX-SE update (new simconnect) distributed today broke compatibility to COATL

It surely doesn't break the current version, and Couatl doesn't have anything to do with recognizing the FSX specific build. The only module that needs an update each time a new build of the sim is released, is the bglmanx.dll ( the Addon Manager ) file.

If it doesn't work for you, it's because you haven't installed the current version, which has been released as soon as the FSX-SE Open Beta was released. If you run any FSDT installer now, it will get the updated DLL.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 09:07:37 am by virtuali »

data63

Re: FSX Steam Update 23.04.2015 broke coatl compatibility **SOLVED**
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2015, 10:08:42 am »
  thanks for the info - I must have missed that version

skysurfer

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2015, 07:54:52 am »
Good day all.

I updated the installer from the website and I still get CTD with a message: Couatl Scripting Engine for FSX has stopped working. In FSX SE I see the message stating that I have latest Couatl update.

Faulting application path: E:\FSX\steamapps\common\FSX\fsdreamteam\couatl\couatl.exe  
« Last Edit: May 04, 2015, 07:57:03 am by speedbird144 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2015, 10:23:29 am »
Couatl Scripting Engine for FSX has stopped working. In FSX SE I see the message stating that I have latest Couatl update.

Again, as already explained in the message just above this one, Couatl doesn't have anything to do with recognizing the FSX specific build. The only module that needs an update each time a new build of the sim is released, is the bglmanx.dll ( the Addon Manager ) file so, your problem with Couatl crashing is entirely unrelated to the fact there was a Steam update, because Couat IS NOT dependent on the specific build of the sim.

In addition to that, it's normal that you would see a message saying you have the Live Update, because what that menu does, is to check if you have the latest update to the code of the programs that runs UNDER the Couatl interpreter, NOT Couatl itself, which cannot be updated "Live", since it's running so, to get the latest version of Couatl, you must EXIT from FSX and DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL the latest Stand-Alone Addon Manager.

Moreover, Steam ( ANY version ) was never fully compatible with the "official" release. Which is why, it has been several weeks that we have released a Couatl "Public Beta" for users to test, here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/board,45.0.html

So, anyone having problems with Steam, it's urged to try that version first, which should be made official soon enough.