Author Topic: ConcordeX and engine start advisory  (Read 2755 times)

Ray Proudfoot

• Cheadle Hulme Weather
ConcordeX and engine start advisory
« on: March 30, 2015, 09:01:19 pm »
When I request push-back for the FS Labs' Concorde-X the procedure is carried out correctly but the instruction is to start Engine 2. In fact Engine 3 was the first to be started. Followed by 2 then the two outboards.

Is it possible for users to change this instruction or is it hard-coded in the program?

Thanks.
Cheers,
Ray.

P3Dv5.3HF2, i9-13900K @ 5.5Ghz, RTX4090, 32Gb RAM, 4Tb Crucial T700 NVMe SSD, BenQ 32” 30Hz monitor at 3840*2160 with VSync.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: ConcordeX and engine start advisory
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2015, 09:26:45 pm »
You are probably referring to what GSX calls "pushback constraints", so pushback won't start unless the constraints are removed, and they are customized for each support airplane.

In case of the Concorde X, the constraint are that both engine 2 and 3 must be turned on, but they are not a procedure and there's no concept of an specific order of operations; GSX will just remind you to satisfy the conditions still not satisfied, but the order it's not relevant and it's your responsibility.

Ray Proudfoot

• Cheadle Hulme Weather
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2015, 09:36:04 pm »
Hi Umberto,

I wait until Engine 3 is started and then request pushback. That is actioned even though engine 2 has not yet started. It seems to be a reminder as you say rather than a requirement that engine 2 needs to start.

It's not huge issue. It would have been nice if the announcement had been for engine 3 but I can live with it. I'm very impressed with how the baggage and catering is executed.Miles better than the alternative...  ;)
Cheers,
Ray.

P3Dv5.3HF2, i9-13900K @ 5.5Ghz, RTX4090, 32Gb RAM, 4Tb Crucial T700 NVMe SSD, BenQ 32” 30Hz monitor at 3840*2160 with VSync.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2015, 10:23:01 pm »
I wait until Engine 3 is started and then request pushback. That is actioned even though engine 2 has not yet started. It seems to be a reminder as you say rather than a requirement that engine 2 needs to start.

It's not a reminder, it's a requirement, and pushback won't start until you clear both conditions.

I confirm that, for the Concorde X, they are set to wait for both engines 2 and 3 to be started, otherwise pushback won't start. The order won't matter, as long as both engines are running, pushback will start. If either 2 or 3 it's not running, pushback will not start and you will be asked to start the ones that are still not running.

It's not huge issue. It would have been nice if the announcement had been for engine 3 but I can live with it

The announcement would have been made, if engine 3 wasn't running when you asked for pushback.

Ray Proudfoot

• Cheadle Hulme Weather
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2015, 11:11:50 pm »
Hmmm. I'm pretty sure the pushback started with only engine 3 running but I'll check on my next flight and report back.

Does it have to be fully spooled up or just N1 > 0?
Cheers,
Ray.