Author Topic: KLAS Not Showing.  (Read 2532 times)

Randy H.

KLAS Not Showing.
« on: March 12, 2015, 10:58:41 am »
I have had the FS Dreamteam KLAS airport for some time now and plan to get other airports except when I downloaded the trial of GSX ground. Now the airport terminals are not showing up, the jet ways and ground markings are all there. I have re-loaded the program 2 times now and no luck. I am running Norton 360 premier on my system, windows 8.1 and FSUIPC and Nvida GT760, could anyone give me some assistance. Thanks Randy

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: KLAS Not Showing.
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2015, 12:13:45 pm »
I am running Norton 360 premier on my system, windows 8.1

Norton is most likely the culprit. Follow this:

- DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL with the antivirus entirely OFF. Download the latest KLAS installer on our site, not an old installer you might have downloaded in the past.

- Uninstall the Scenery. Reply YES when asked if you want to remove the Addon Manager and the Couatl Engine. Reply YES to both questions.

- TURN OFF your antivirus. Don't just exit from its interface, but turn off the real time protection. Actual wording changes between products, however, it's the option to scan every file that gets open in real time, without user intervention.

- Reinstall the scenery with the Antivirus TURNED OFF. Don't launch FSX yet.

- Configure the antivirus to exclude the following files from scanning:

YourFSXFolder\bglmanx.dll
YourFSXFolder\fsdreamteam\Couatl\couatl.exe

YourFSXFolder it's usually C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X, if you installed it in the default folder.

- Now you can turn the antivirus back on, and launch FSX.

- Check you are seeing BOTH the "Addon Manager" menu AND the "Couatl powered products" menu under the "Addons" menu

bradl

Re: KLAS Not Showing.
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2015, 06:35:28 pm »
I have had the FS Dreamteam KLAS airport for some time now and plan to get other airports except when I downloaded the trial of GSX ground. Now the airport terminals are not showing up, the jet ways and ground markings are all there. I have re-loaded the program 2 times now and no luck. I am running Norton 360 premier on my system, windows 8.1 and FSUIPC and Nvida GT760, could anyone give me some assistance. Thanks Randy

I had this same issue happen to me over the weekend, when I was installing a couple of other sceneries into P3D. I think what ended up happening was that one of the files Umberto mentioned (bglmanx.dll) was either modified or overwritten. Either way, it caused all of my FSDT sceneries to act just like yours did: you could see the jetways, but no buildings. Furthermore, the add-on manager was missing in the add-ons menu in P3D.

that clued me into another post that Umberto had posted about running an installer again. With that, I re-ran the standalone Addon installer, let it do its thing, and all of my FSDT sceneries came back, registered.

Try that as well (disabling Norton wouldn't hurt while doing it), and see what you get.

BL.