Author Topic: FSX "not responding" when GSX 1.9 installed  (Read 2871 times)

torontorob

FSX "not responding" when GSX 1.9 installed
« on: February 04, 2015, 01:34:59 am »
Hi,
I cannot seem to load FSX since I switched to the latest version, I believe it is GSX 1.9. I have been using the first version of GSX almost from when it first came out and never had a problem. It is one of my favorite ad on programs. Since I deleted the original GSX and downloaded the latest one from the FSDreamteam website, FSX will not open. All my Goflight modules light up but it seems to freeze when the MCP PRO is loading. I get flat lines on all my MCP PRO displays, instead of course 360 and the rest o's. When I go into task manager it says Microsoft Flight Simulator X "not responding". At this point even if I close FSX from task manager, all my Goflight Modules are now frozen, so my only option is to reboot my computer.

If I delete GSX, my FSX boots up normally including the MCP PRO and everything works normally.

Some other forums mentioned, temporarily disabling my AVG antivirus before install, which I did, and block a few files when AVG boots up, which I did as well.

This is a very frustrating problem, and I hope someone might have the answer so that I can start using GSX, and CYVR that I have also purchased but cannot use until this is rectified.

I thank you in advance for any advice that can help me out.

Rob

mebe

Re: FSX "not responding" when GSX 1.9 installed
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2015, 01:10:47 pm »
It sounds similar to the Problem I described.

The Problem is, as Umberto explained a conflict between GSX and GoFlight working side by side using VC++.

So who ever is first, wins .

Problem was solved in my case, by not allowing GoFlight to connect automatically, as soon as you start FSX. GSX etc are starting automatically as well (cuatl.exe).

So if you know, how to change GoFlight not to be started automatically by the FSX, then do so and start GoFlight manualy as soon as FSX is working.

If not, Umberto surely will help. Just wait for his reply.
Best regards

Bernd

Selkan

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2015, 04:29:06 pm »
Rob, have a look at my Post 'Installation of de-icers major update'.  It might help.  It's about 10 Posts down.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2015, 11:15:12 am »
I confirm the problem is caused by the GoFlight software, most likely a conflict of VC++ runtime libraries.

I recently had a session with mebe (which just replied to you), and there were no problems whatsoever with many 3rd party modules he had installed, running together with GSX.

The moment we activated the GoFlight software, FSX crashed or became stuck.

The solution we found, was to prevent the GoFlight module to be loaded automatically, by setting the <Disabled>True</Disabled> line in the %APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX\EXE.XML file for the goflight module, and start it manually after FSX loads.

torontorob

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2015, 03:21:05 am »
Thank you everyone. Problem SOLVED. Thanks to Umberto from FSDreamteam, and John Kreig at Goflight. Preventing Goflight to load automatically did the trick. I can now load FSX, and once done, manually start Goflight. All seems to be working well.   Rob