Author Topic: Sliding Marshaller - push back (again)  (Read 3490 times)

Scotty

Sliding Marshaller - push back (again)
« on: January 03, 2015, 08:24:37 am »
Hi,

I have read the forum and seen the posts with regard to the sliding marshaller when pushing back.

I have advanced animations selected on.
I have zoomed in (and out - and in - and out) no difference.

Any ideas?

Scott

Scotty

Re: Sliding Marshaller - push back (again)
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2015, 12:05:32 pm »
OK - experimenting.

Taxi aircraft into to stand and shutdown.
Go through deboarding and ready for pushback
When the pushback process starts, the tug arrives and the marshaller 'slides' up to the nosewheel and then slide backs as the tug pushes.

BUT if I reset couatl (as per the FSX menu) as the marshaller starts (slides) towards the nosewheel and then restart the push process - when the tug comes the second time he is now walking correctly.

Anybody having similar issues?

Scott

mebe

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2015, 12:32:41 pm »
Yes ! (Sliding Marshaller).

As stated already in several threads here, the problem is one among others, starting when
Norton 360 rejected cuatl.exe and bglmanx.dll. GSX and all airports did not work any more.

Problem was "solved", when I disengaged Norton while downloading and installing first GSX (and the addon manager was initiated by the GSX download).

But then, when starting the FSX, the FSX refused to accept the virtually software. Following the FSX proposal, consequently GSX did not work any more (so did the airports).

Overruling the FSX proposal, GSX etc working, but GoFlight Products did not connect with the FSX any more.

In addition meanwhile I tried to update the DX 10 Fixer from 2.5 to 2.6. What was impossible (message either administration rights or path are not available).

Going back to the version 2.5 of the Fixer made it work again.

Because I did not make any updates, new installations or what so ever, when the problem arose at the very beginning, cualtl.exe or bglmanx.dll in the version that was blocked by Norton 360 at that time or when deleting the addon manager and GSX (in order to get a clean download with Norton shut off), must have made changes to the system. that is the only explanation I have.

Does anybody know, which versions of VC++, GoFlight, FSUIPC or the DX10Fixer are using ?. Or if the Fixer version 2.6 is usind another version than 2.5 ?

And back to the original question, present situation, DX10Fixer 2.5 working, GoFlight not working, GSX working, but marshaller sliding.
Best regards

Bernd

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2015, 01:00:22 pm »
And back to the original question, present situation, DX10Fixer 2.5 working, GoFlight not working, GSX working, but marshaller sliding.

The only known cases where the marshaller slides are when:

- the viewpoint is too far, or the zoom setting is too wide, or a combination of those

- the "advanced animations" flag disabled

There MIGHT be other unknown cases too, such as:

- The character animations are handled by FSX using shaders, so anything related to video settings and/or DX10 (DX10 fixer issues) might potentially affect it

- The animations requires coordinations between the Addon Manager and Couatl, so both must be running, of course.

PatrickM

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2015, 02:40:22 pm »
I mainly get the sliding Marshaller when flying the return leg without shutting down FSX/P3D.

BTW.  Thank you for giving us the "Parking read out" checkbox!
regards Patrick

N55211

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2015, 06:46:40 pm »
I experience the same thing as PatrickM.   For me it's only on the return trip where the marshaller "slides".   I simply restart Couatl and then it works fine again.   It's actually part of my personal checklist to make sure I reset it if I'm flying more than one leg.

Happy flying.  Keep the blue side up!   : )

Eric.