Author Topic: GSX has stopped working, causing a Crash to Desktop.  (Read 2619 times)

agremeister

GSX has stopped working, causing a Crash to Desktop.
« on: December 19, 2014, 12:09:22 am »
I've had GSX working for quite some time now, however recently I decided to download the demo of FSDT Chicago O'Hare and since then FSX has crashed to desktop whenever Addon Manager has been installed. Uninstalling Addon Manager immediately fixes the issue, so it's pretty clear that it's causing the problem. I have read through the forums and tried whatever solutions have been posted but to no avail.

After installing any addon requiring Addon manager, FSX will crash before getting past the opening splash screen. I have tried disabling anti-virus software, the installer is definitely running in administrator mode, and I have tried letting FSX build a new config file, and none of it has worked. I would really, really like to avoid having to completely reinstall FSX, as without Addon Manager FSX is working perfectly.

Any help would be appreciated,
Steven.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX has stopped working, causing a Crash to Desktop.
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2014, 12:18:45 am »
This has been discussed so many times already. This is the ONE and ONLY solution to it:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,10489.0.html

The problem is NOT caused by the the Addon Manager, it's caused by something ELSE, and if you follow the above thread and do the one and only thing that works discussed there, I will show you what REALLY caused it.