Author Topic: Possible new GSX feature?  (Read 3465 times)

deltavirtualairlines

Possible new GSX feature?
« on: December 04, 2014, 10:27:57 am »
Hey guys,
I was curious as to see what the devs at FSDreamTeam think of a quirky function in GSX for an aircraft to be towed from one stand to another? Personally I'd love to have that so that I can have my aircraft towed to another gate just for fun.

Also this has probably been mentioned numerous times (I haven't a clue cause I'm not a regular here :P ) but a ground emergency response team? With the PMDGs 777 having somewhat of a more realistic emergency related model (evacuation sirens etc) to have a GSX emergency response crew to compliment it.

Thoughts?

Kind Regards!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Possible new GSX feature?
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2014, 01:02:54 pm »
Both options are valid, and surely under consideration for a future version.

deltavirtualairlines

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2014, 03:37:07 pm »
Looking fowards to it! I've always dreamed of having the gate to gate towing feature, especially to remote stands to put my planes to sleep xD I would definitely pay for it! :D

pilot3033

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2014, 08:20:19 pm »
Looking fowards to it! I've always dreamed of having the gate to gate towing feature, especially to remote stands to put my planes to sleep xD I would definitely pay for it! :D

I would hope such a feature includes the ability to decide the route in order to not run afoul of online or offline atc.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2014, 09:39:44 pm »
I would hope such a feature includes the ability to decide the route in order to not run afoul of online or offline atc.

This doesn't have any specific relationship with that feature, but falls into the general case of GSX not being constantly aware of any ground movements around it. Doing this would mean an entirely new kind of problems/issues, with traffic deadlocks, etc., so it's not going to happen soon, surely not in the current version.

It's already possible to have *SOME* kind of airplane towing, using the Custom Pushback nodes feature, indicating another parking as the destination of the custom pushback. The pushback truck IS able to tow the airplane everywhere around the airport and, once the first pushback ends in another parking, nothing prevents to ask for another one.

This might be done as custom pushback for those parking specifically used as to have airplanes staying overnight.