Author Topic: LHBP - No parking position at this airport  (Read 6377 times)

Artur

LHBP - No parking position at this airport
« on: December 01, 2014, 12:19:43 pm »
Hi Umberto, at arrival on LHBP from LSH Simulation I got the message"No parking position at this airport" even if I arrive at the gate. If I make the departure, from same airport, GSX works perfect. What do you thing could be the problem?

normandean

Re: LHBP - No parking position at this airport
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2014, 12:31:13 pm »
I have seen this before where there isn't actually a parking spot at the gate you are at. This can happen where there are actually two positions for the gate, left or right, and the AFD file only has room for one.

Norman

Artur

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2014, 01:59:09 pm »
OK. But why only if I arrive at the gate or ramp, and not if I make a departure? If a departure is made from same gate or ramp, all gsx service are running. ???

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2014, 02:48:05 pm »
The most likely explanation is: when you parked manually using the visual scenery as a reference, but you might have ended outside the parking radius, perhaps because the center and radius in the scenery AFCAD are not set correctly in relationship with the visual scenery.

Instead, when you select to start a flight using the FSX Go To menu or even the GSX Warp to option, it will always place exactly in the center of the parking radius, so it will always registered as a parked position, regardless of the visual scenery outside.

Artur

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2014, 06:58:24 am »
Ah ok. It means that the scenery from LSHSimulation is not totaly compatible with GSX.

streichholz

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2014, 08:26:39 am »
This is strange, because GSX works fine for me on every parking position at LHBP (LSHSimulation).

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2014, 10:06:05 am »
Ah ok. It means that the scenery from LSHSimulation is not totaly compatible with GSX.

No, it doesn't mean that. Assuming this was the case, it simply means that parking is not set correctly in the AFCAD, so it's a bug of the scenery even without considering GSX.

Another possible reason, is that you have another AFCAD in conflict, which results in parking positions not matching the scenery. You can check the AFCAD used by GSX by opening the parking customization editor, and read the name of the .BGL used.

Artur

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2014, 02:40:19 pm »
Sorry for my ignorance but what should I do exactly? I didn't use parking customization editor till now.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2014, 02:41:35 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2014, 02:42:03 pm »
Sorry for my ignorance but what should I do exactly? I didn't use parking customization editor till now.

Well, you don't really have to "use" it, just open it and read the .BGL name, to check what's the AFCAD currently in use.

Artur

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2014, 03:14:23 pm »
As you can see the AFCAD is correct, but I think the problem is that when I manually make a parking I'm out of radius as you say, look at the line on second screenshot: I start a fly and the nose of the Aircraft is far away in front of parking line.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2014, 04:02:27 pm »
when I manually make a parking I'm out of radius as you say, look at the line on second screenshot: I start a fly and the nose of the Aircraft is far away in front of parking line.

That seems to be a problem in the AFCAD, then.

Artur

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2014, 10:48:34 am »
I found the problem and solved! There was an bgl file in the same folder that has nothing to do with the LHBP airport (see the screenshot). At arrival GSX was reading that bgl file instead of the LHBP.bgl! I delete the file and now everything work perfect! Anyway the problem was known, I look here : http://lhsimulations.com/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=761da52816e2f1146cbb3d1187551c3d&topic=441.msg12869#msg12869
and seems that was a file that was use for the AI traffic, but I am using the UT2 so the problem is solved.

« Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 11:04:25 am by Artur »