Author Topic: Will you ever put your scenery on cd?...  (Read 4377 times)

smokeyupahead

Will you ever put your scenery on cd?...
« on: October 03, 2008, 12:30:36 pm »
Hello FSDreamTeam!

Well that's my question for now as this being my first post.
Your scenery is simply amazing,I don't own anyone yet but the screenshots say it all!...

If your answer to my question is yes will you consider a refund for the download version in exchange for the eventual cd release?

Thanks in advance,

David from Pescara
DMA-GA790FX, PHENOM 965BE @ 4.0GHZ (cooling by Noctua NH-C14), ATI 6870, 6GIGS DDR2, W764BIT, FSX DELUXE (bojote's cfg. fix, uiautomationcore fix).
TRACKIR and EZDOK, REX2, ORBX, PMDG, CARENADO, FSDREAMTEAM, FLYTAMPA AND SHADE INSTEAD OF ENB SERIES (that fixed once and for all the directx crahes).

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Will you ever put your scenery on cd?...
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2008, 12:43:36 pm »
We don't have plans right now to have a CD version.

What good would it be ? The moment it gets printed, it will be already obsolete, because we constantly update all installers, in order to have the Trial version always current with the latest fixes.

So, you will simply pay more (cost of the scenery + cost of duplication/production + cost of shipping), have to wait to get the scenery, and will have a version that will be old very shortly, requiring to download the installer anyway.

And of course, even if we did a CD version, it will have exactly the same activation system as the downloadable one. And, since the downloadable one allows to activate even without an internet connection, even the "I don't have an internet connection" argument doesn't hold.

And finally, even if you don't have a Credit Card, the online version can be purchased with PayPal as well.

smokeyupahead

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2008, 12:55:26 pm »
Ok got your point.

If you don't mind I have one more question...
If I buy one scenery then a second before the october deadline will I still get Zurich free of charge?

Thanks,

David
DMA-GA790FX, PHENOM 965BE @ 4.0GHZ (cooling by Noctua NH-C14), ATI 6870, 6GIGS DDR2, W764BIT, FSX DELUXE (bojote's cfg. fix, uiautomationcore fix).
TRACKIR and EZDOK, REX2, ORBX, PMDG, CARENADO, FSDREAMTEAM, FLYTAMPA AND SHADE INSTEAD OF ENB SERIES (that fixed once and for all the directx crahes).

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2008, 01:23:09 pm »
If I buy one scenery then a second before the october deadline will I still get Zurich free of charge?

No, a second is too much...you have to buy it in a millisecond :)

Of course we'll allow a little slack but, not more than 1 day or so. So, I suggest to buy it in time.