Author Topic: Customizing push backs  (Read 2661 times)

psykie

Customizing push backs
« on: November 30, 2014, 06:55:33 am »
Hello Umberto

thanks so much for the recent release of GSX and all of the upgrades.  Thoroughly enjoying it.  In my opinion GSX has to be fairly complex and difficult to create and must be different from scenery design.  Anyways, Great job!!

I just want to clarify 2 things:  1. As stated in your manual the Lat. and Long. of a node is NOT exact.  Is that correct?  When watching a push back of the Lear it was in proximity of the node but it was NOT exactly on the node.  Everything worked just fine for me but I just want to clarify.

2.:  When I was happy with my customized parking editing I clicked on the "Apply" button but nothing really happened.  The apply button clicked but it didn't change in any way or there was not a load bar that indicated that the changes had taken place so I assume it saved my changes.   Am I correct? 

Thanks Umberto for your time.

Matthew     

Matthew
i7-4770K3.5Ghz OC 4.5Ghz on a Z87-Pro ASUS MOBO, with a 240GB SSD for FSX only, 16gb/2400 Vengence DDR-3, Nividia GeForce GTX 780, on Win 7, 64 bit operating system.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Customizing push backs
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2014, 02:32:56 pm »
I just want to clarify 2 things:  1. As stated in your manual the Lat. and Long. of a node is NOT exact.  Is that correct?

Not exactly. The manual says you don't *have* to be 100% precise in setting coordinates, because the node selected will be the closest one to the coordinates you set. You can't indicate any random coordinates there, the point will ALWAYS be an existing node, so the closest one will be chosen, and this also has the side effect that you can probably still do minor changes to the nodes (move them a bit, for example), without necessarily having to reinsert the coordinates in GSX because, if the node you edited is still the closest one, it will be found anyway.

When watching a push back of the Lear it was in proximity of the node but it was NOT exactly on the node.

This is an entirely different issue, and doesn't have anything to do with the "snap" feature discussed above. You must realize that custom pushback nodes DO NOT indicate the final location of the airplane, they are more like control points of a curve (in fact, it IS a bezier curve which is drawn in-memory), see my explanation here for an example:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,11083.msg85596.html#msg85596

I know it sounds counter-intuitive at first, but this way you can control WAY more path options with just two nodes, because you control the fitting of the curve.

2.:  When I was happy with my customized parking editing I clicked on the "Apply" button but nothing really happened.  The apply button clicked but it didn't change in any way or there was not a load bar that indicated that the changes had taken place so I assume it saved my changes.   Am I correct?

The indication that your changes are saved, is the Apply button that has been greyed out. If it's not greyed out, it means you have unsaved changes in that page.

psykie

Re: Customizing push backs
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2014, 08:26:10 pm »
Hello Again Umberto

I know your busy with all of these requests. 

QUESTION:  I noticed that my "Apply" button on the parking customization does not grey out after I click on it.  Now I have FSX open in window mode, along with AFX in a smaller window in order that I'm able to copy and past the Lat. and Long. coordinates from the node.  I also had ASN, FSReal Time, on in the background but turned them off.  When I click on the "APPLY" button it does not grey out.  It looks exactly the same.   Any suggestions?

Matthew 
Matthew
i7-4770K3.5Ghz OC 4.5Ghz on a Z87-Pro ASUS MOBO, with a 240GB SSD for FSX only, 16gb/2400 Vengence DDR-3, Nividia GeForce GTX 780, on Win 7, 64 bit operating system.