Author Topic: New Aerosoft Airbus 320/321  (Read 23804 times)

drego22

Re: New Aerosoft Airbus 320/321
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2014, 10:38:50 pm »
Thanks Alan! ;) I did that, I have one catering truck, but no baggage personnel! still having problems! Hello Umberto, any suggestions? :-\
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 10:42:53 pm by drego22 »
Andre Chambers

pikalaxalt

« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2014, 06:08:40 am »
I noticed that support for the new Airbus A320/A321 was added in the latest update, but I seem to be unable to find a public link to it.  Neither the standalone addon manager installer nor the Couatl Live Updater found the 17.NOV.2014 update.  This is as of 1411190200Z. (3 hours before posting).

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2014, 07:53:23 am »
The file names inside the SimObjects folder would be as follows:

..\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft Airbus A320 CFM
..\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft Airbus A320 IAE
..\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft Airbus A321 CFM
..\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft Airbus A321 IAE

That's what is recognized by GSX, as confirmed by the Aerosoft developers too.

..\SimObjects\Airplanes\Aerosoft Airbus A320_A321 Base

This is not relevant, since it's just a folder containing shared files, not an airplane folder with airplane variants.

I'm sorry, but everything is ok from the GSX side, and I have no problem with the parking brake here. The only possible explanation is you still haven't the latest update or you tried to customized the airplane with the GSX configuration editor and made some kind of mistake, so this should be fixed using the "Reset" button, to return to the configuration that comes with GSX.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2014, 08:00:27 am »
I noticed that support for the new Airbus A320/A321 was added in the latest update, but I seem to be unable to find a public link to it.

There's no link, because you don't need any. The Live Update is automatic: you'll get a notification for it automatically, or you can explicitly check for an update using the "Check Live Update" menu entry from the "Couatl powered products".

The automatic Live Update check is done only every 24 hours from the last time you checked so, maybe it's just that. Try it again now.

canprince

« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2014, 07:18:25 pm »
The file names inside the SimObjects folder would be as follows:

The only possible explanation is you still haven't the latest update or you tried to customized the airplane with the GSX configuration editor and made some kind of mistake, so this should be fixed using the "Reset" button, to return to the configuration that comes with GSX.

Thank you for reviewing!  I had reset the configuration as a way of troubleshooting the issue and I can confirm that it was returned to the default settings.  That didn't do it unfortunately.  Is there a way to check if I did indeed get the update, such as which file I can verify to ensure it is the most recent version? 

Regards.

canprince

« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2014, 09:02:21 pm »
So I decided to try again, and as soon as I loaded a flight, I was prompted by GSX for an update. I guess maybe when I tried to manually update yesterday, the file was not ready?  This is despite my effort to update from within, and externally to FSX.

It is now working as expected.  Thank you for the update. I just needed to understand the live update process. :-)

Regards,
Miro

pikalaxalt

« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2014, 07:43:58 am »
After installing the latest live updates, I now get GSX warnings (Please set parking brakes immediately!) trying to sneak through while at cruising altitude (so far as high as FL360).  Airframe: Airbus A320 IAE (Aerosoft 1.1).

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2014, 08:30:15 am »
After installing the latest live updates, I now get GSX warnings (Please set parking brakes immediately!) trying to sneak through while at cruising altitude (so far as high as FL360).  Airframe: Airbus A320 IAE (Aerosoft 1.1).

That seems that, for some reason, the airplane has activated the Wheelchocks or the Parking brakes while flying.

However, there something else wrong, because GSX doesn't do anything or check for anything if you are flying. As if the standard FSX variable that tells if you are on ground hasn't been updated correctly.

BuddyDog

« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2014, 10:03:12 pm »
Don't know if anyone else had this problem with the new A320/A321, but if so, do you have a solution?

After loading passengers, it wants the Left rear door closed, which I did with the starboard MCDU, but for some reason GSX did not recognize and kept telling me to close that door.  I did run the latest COATL update before starting. 

canprince

« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2014, 12:47:33 am »
My recommendation would be to reset to default any customization for that aircraft.  After the update, even though I do not have any heavy customization, except for the 'Not to open the Fuel Page', the catering guys were walking through the left doors, before I had a chance to open them.  When they were done, GSX was waiting for me to close the doors, when in fact they were not open.  Reset the file worked for me.

Best of luck!

Miro
« Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 12:49:53 am by canprince »