Author Topic: No Terminal buildings showing **SOLVED**  (Read 7391 times)

IMZ777

No Terminal buildings showing **SOLVED**
« on: October 01, 2014, 03:54:20 pm »
After not using the scenery after a long time I finally decided to fly here, low and behold no terminal buildings.

I have tried;

Installing Addon Manager and Zurich Scenery countless times,standalone and full LSZH scenery. Installed GSX as its free with FSDT airports,removed entry from .dll, removed entry from FSX.cfg, re-installed many times. Whenever I install I never get the trusted FSX prompt to accept bglmanx.dll or couatl.exe, "magically" they Couatl and bglmanx.dll automatically get added to the FSX.cfg. even if I have deleted the entries,without the propmpt appearing, which ultimatley means in the FSX addon menu nothing appears in regards to FSDT products,no GSX no Zurich terminal. Its as if I have no FSDT products installed. So I have 2 problems in play here
« Last Edit: October 04, 2014, 10:49:11 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: No Terminal buildings showing.
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2014, 10:15:30 am »
Installed GSX as its free with FSDT airports,removed entry from .dll, removed entry from FSX.cfg

Why you think you need to manually remove the entries in the XML files and in the FSX.CFG file ?

Nobody here ever said to do that because, of course, the installer automatically correctly add or remove (depending if you are installing or uninstalling ) the entries from the XML files, and it correctly removes the entries from the FSX.CFG, when uninstalling.

Whenever I install I never get the trusted FSX prompt to accept bglmanx.dll or couatl.exe, "magically" they Couatl and bglmanx.dll automatically get added to the FSX.cfg.

There's nothing "magic" at play. The way the Windows trust system works (not for FSDT products, it's for every Windows software out there ). There are several possible reasons:

1) If you ever made the mistake to NOT trust anything signed by us, you won't be asked anymore for anything signed by us, and so entries will appear in the FSX.CFG, indicating that FSX TRIED to have the modules running, but they were blocked by the refusal to Trust you added to your Windows trust system.

OR

2) If you said the opposite, meaning you said you ALWAYS trust anything signed by us, you won't see any trust request too, the lines to the FSX.CFG will again be added automatically, but in this case the modules SHOULD work, so maybe this is not the case, it's more likely #1

To verify this, go to the Control Panel, under "Internet Options", look for the "Content" tab, there should be a "Publishers" button, that will list the software publishers that you trusted, and another tab with untrusted publishers. If you see "Virtuali s.a.s", remove it from both tabs (especially if it's under untrusted), so you should now see the trust requests again, which is the default behavior.

IMZ777

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2014, 12:37:48 pm »
Thanks for the detailed reply and Info. I have done what you advised and removed from the untrusted tab. Now what shall I do??? to fix the problems of the Buildings not appearing, will this fix that???
« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 12:40:04 pm by IMZ777 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2014, 01:20:41 pm »
- Go into Control Panel, Uninstall the scenery and reply YES to the questions "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager ?" and reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Couatl script engine ?"

- TURN YOUR ANTIVIRUS OFF.

With the antivirus still disabled, reinstall the scenery. If you also had GSX, install it too, after the scenery.

- BEFORE launching FSX, configure the antivirus to exclude the following files from scanning:

YourFSXFolder\bglmanx.dll
YourFSXFolder\fsdreamteam\Couatl\Couatl.exe

- Now you can turn your Antivirus on, and launch FSX

- Note if FSX asks permission to run the Addon Manager and the Couatl programs, reply YES to both

- When FSX loads, check if you have BOTH the "Addon Manager" and the "Couatl powered products" under the "Addons" menu.

IMZ777

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2014, 10:41:22 pm »

Thnaks a lot for the help seems to have worked a treat. The first action of removing Couatl and bglmanx.dll from the untrusted in Control Panel - Solved the problems. LSZH and GSX working a treat.  :) Please marked as solved