Author Topic: Pushback probs  (Read 4105 times)

hyderpotter

Pushback probs
« on: October 06, 2014, 12:34:36 am »
When I do a pushback, there a long delay until you are to set parking breaks.

The plane also moves forward before you are ask to set parking brakes.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Pushback probs
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2014, 10:22:03 am »
When I do a pushback, there a long delay until you are to set parking breaks.

Do you mean the message to set brakes at the END of the pushback ? If yes, if there's a delay, it's the time it takes for the wingwalker to reach its final position to get into eye contact with the pilot, and this might change depending how long was the pushback, in case the wingwalker was left a bit behind, because it will always use walking speed, he won't try to run to catch up wit the tow truck.

The plane also moves forward before you are ask to set parking brakes.

While GSX is pushing the airplane, its flight model is disabled so, unless you use the Majestic Dash 8, that has a custom flight model that can't be disabled, I can't see how this could be happening, and nobody ever reported this so far.

hyderpotter

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2014, 01:56:45 am »
The 737-800 plane stop from the puchback and there a delay until I ask to set parking breaks.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2014, 10:14:56 am »
The 737-800 plane stop from the puchback and there a delay until I ask to set parking breaks.

Do you mean "until I've been asked to set parking brakes" ? In GSX, you DO NOT ask for parking brakes. Is this is what you meant, this is entirely normal, and it was of course fully explained in my previous reply, which I'll copy it again here:

it's the time it takes for the wingwalker to reach its final position to get into eye contact with the pilot, and this might change depending how long was the pushback, in case the wingwalker was left a bit behind, because it will always use walking speed, he won't try to run to catch up wit the tow truck.

hyderpotter

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2014, 12:46:25 am »
After the pushback was done, the plane moves forward on it own before it was says Set parking breaks.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2014, 08:08:37 am »
After the pushback was done, the plane moves forward on it own before it was says Set parking breaks.

If you turned on your engine while GSX was pushing, and you have a bit of power, or your airplane flight model is made in a way that it can start to move even with no throttles, it's normal it would move, and of course this doesn't have anything to do with GSX, because it would happen in any case.

Perhaps you just have your joystick axes not properly calibrated, or the null zone for the throttle axis not calibrated, so you are applying power as soon as the engine started, without realizing it.

Again, not a GSX problem, and nobody ever reported such issue before.

Unless, as I've said, you use the Dash 8, in this case it's to be expected and, again, it's not a GSX problem either, because that airplane doesn't respond to the standard simulation freeze command, so it's up to Majestic to add such control to have their own custom flight model react to that or, as an alternative, use the variable we added to GSX, to allow 3rd party developers that have custom flight models, to know when to freeze their simulation because GSX it's pushing.