Author Topic: QualityWings 757 Gauge  (Read 7629 times)

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
QualityWings 757 Gauge
« on: September 14, 2014, 11:30:31 pm »
Don't see it posted anywhere, so question. I was on the QualityWings forums where they released the hotfix for the 757, and the options for installation were to either update the add-on manager or do a full re-install. Obviously I'd rather not have to do a full re-install if I can reasonably avoid it, but the link they provided for the add-on manager was for the FSX version, which worked fine. However, I went ahead and tried to download the FS9 version of the add-on manager, but it doesn't appear to have updated the 757 gauge. Am I missing something here? It was version 1.81 that got downloaded, which I found on the JFK V1 product page. Thanks.
Captain Kevin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: QualityWings 757 Gauge
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2014, 10:53:24 am »
The current Addon Manager for FS9 ( which is online since some days ) updates the QW757 gauge to the latest version, it just doesn't ASK for it, opposite to the FSX version, so maybe you haven't noticed it, but it does it together with the downloading process.

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2014, 12:45:49 pm »
The current Addon Manager for FS9 ( which is online since some days ) updates the QW757 gauge to the latest version, it just doesn't ASK for it, opposite to the FSX version, so maybe you haven't noticed it, but it does it together with the downloading process.
Copy. It was a little confusing because it still shows the modification date as May 23rd, and I would have thought that would change to September 14th.
Captain Kevin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2014, 01:44:04 pm »
Copy. It was a little confusing because it still shows the modification date as May 23rd, and I would have thought that would change to September 14th.

I've just ran the Stand Alone Addon Manager for FS9 now, and when it updates the QW757.GAU file (and can been seen downloading it), it shows today's date.

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2014, 01:53:32 pm »

I've just ran the Stand Alone Addon Manager for FS9 now, and when it updates the QW757.GAU file (and can been seen downloading it), it shows today's date.
For some reason, I wasn't able to see it downloading it. I also attempted to move the gauge elsewhere to see if it would download it, but it never did. This is version 1.81 of the stand-alone add-on manager. Weird.
Captain Kevin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2014, 02:05:10 pm »
For some reason, I wasn't able to see it downloading it. I also attempted to move the gauge elsewhere to see if it would download it, but it never did. This is version 1.81 of the stand-alone add-on manager. Weird.

The only reason why the Addon Manager (assuming, of course, you have the current version, which is 1.81, with a digital signature dated September 10th 2014) wouldn't try to download it, is that you haven't installed the 757, or haven't in the default folder or are missing files, or removed/move them.

The file the installer checks to know if the QW757 is installed, is the Aircraft\QualityWings 752 Passenger\Passenger.main\panel.CFG. Is that file is missing, the gauge is not updated.

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2014, 02:46:12 pm »

The only reason why the Addon Manager (assuming, of course, you have the current version, which is 1.81, with a digital signature dated September 10th 2014) wouldn't try to download it, is that you haven't installed the 757, or haven't in the default folder or are missing files, or removed/move them.

The file the installer checks to know if the QW757 is installed, is the Aircraft\QualityWings 752 Passenger\Passenger.main\panel.CFG. Is that file is missing, the gauge is not updated.
Yup. That was it. I have my files set up a little differently, so the QualityWings 752 Passenger folder wasn't there. Got it working now. Thanks.
Captain Kevin