Author Topic: AS Munich P3DV3 - Jetways can not be excluded  (Read 2859 times)

scotth6

AS Munich P3DV3 - Jetways can not be excluded
« on: November 02, 2018, 02:34:37 pm »
Hi,

I have tried for a few hours tonight to get rid of the "default" (actually AES) jetways from the Aerosoft Mega Airport Munich scenery, but I have had no success doing so.  I am able to do everything else, I placed new jetways, moved all the vehicles around, disabled the marshaller etc, but no matter what I try the existing jetways can not be removed.  I have checked the EDDM library and they are separate models, and not connected to any buildings, so I can't understand why the exclusions aren't working.  I have tried exclude radius' from 1.0 metres to 15.0 metres.

One thing I noticed was that when GSX first placed the replacement SODE jetway it was quite a few metres out of position.  The same thing happened when I tried quickly the other day to replace the KSBA jetways.

Cheers,

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: AS Munich P3DV3 - Jetways can not be excluded
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2018, 03:54:10 pm »
I have tried for a few hours tonight to get rid of the "default" (actually AES) jetways from the Aerosoft Mega Airport Munich scenery, but I have had no success doing so.

AES jetways are not default, so they cannot disabled with the normal method. You must disable the airport in AES.

One thing I noticed was that when GSX first placed the replacement SODE jetway it was quite a few metres out of position. 

GSX takes the jetways positions from the AFCAD, and places (by default) a replacement model that has the same measures of the default model, so it might not necessarily seamlessly replace jetways on a 3rd party airport, since those have been likely placed using a model with a different size than the default one so, almost invariably, they must be moved after replaced.

scotth6

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2018, 05:06:28 pm »
Thanks for the reply.  I don't actually have AES, I just read on an Aerosoft forum post that those jetways were controllable by AES only, so the default Ctrl+J command would not work, and neither would SODE.  From what I have seen,the jetway models are in a library with about 120 other models, although they are separate models.  So, I thought custom jetways could be excluded.  Why would these custom models not be able to be excluded?  I assumed the Fly Tampa models which were excluded in the tutorial video would have been custom models.

Not a big deal about having to move the jetways, it just means the customisation will take a bit longer where this is the case. 

Cheers,

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2018, 05:13:20 pm »
Thanks for the reply.  I don't actually have AES, I just read on an Aerosoft forum post that those jetways were controllable by AES only, so the default Ctrl+J command would not work, and neither would SODE

Could be they are *static* by default, but become animated if you buy AES credits ?

In that case, you should be able to remove them by removing the library .BGL that contains the jetway models. Hopefully, the file contains jetways only, so you won't remove anything else.

scotth6

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2018, 02:42:37 am »
Thanks again for the reply Umberto, I am getting on the right track of understanding now.  Unfortunately it is a major library they are contained in.  It also contains terminals and many other scenery items, so simply removing the library is not an option.  I suppose it will require the library to be altered, or the placement file to be disabled if there is a separate one.

Edit:  I found the placement files for the jetways.  EDDM_A_Dockbrucken-T1.BGL and EDDM_A_Dockbrucken-T2.BGL.
I don't speak German, but Dockbrucken gave a hint that it was to do with jetways.

Cheers,
« Last Edit: November 03, 2018, 04:58:58 am by scotth6 »