Author Topic: GSX Unable to Customize Parking Position in Some FSDT Addon Airports?  (Read 7008 times)

raffywu

Hello,

Let me start by saying that I am a big fan of your addon airport scenery products. I have purchased KJFK v2, CYVR, KLAX, KDFW so far and couldn't have been more satisfied. I also use GSX.

One problem I recently encountered was the customization of parking positions for GSX. I was under the impression that, when you go to "Menu-Addons-Couatl-GSX Customize Airport Positions", you will be able to see a list of gates/parking available at that particular airport, and modify values in maximum wingspan/radius etc. However, when I tried to perform the same procedure at FSDT KJFK V2 and CYVR, all I got was a blank page with only ONE gate. I suspected it was a duplicate AFCAD issue as I also noticed some AI traffic misaligned with runway/taxiways at KJFK, but I was not able to locate any duplicated AFCAD using Airport Scanner. I have uninstall my AI Traffic addon (ICE AI) and also re-installed the addon airport scenery but nothing seemed to change.

Any thoughts?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/d5shiu1nhckxeop/GSX.jpg?dl=0

Thanks,
Rafael

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Unable to Customize Parking Position in Some FSDT Addon Airports?
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2014, 05:11:46 pm »
There's no difference whatsoever from a default airport or an FSDT airport, in relationship to your ability to customize it. You are supposed to see all your gates, and customize them, just like a default airport.

Nobody ever reported a problem like that, the only possible explanation is that the airport .ini file has gone corrupted for some reason. Try to remove any .INI file named KFJK*.INI in your %APPDATA%\Virtuali\GSX folder (when FSX is closed), and try again.

raffywu

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2014, 07:18:56 pm »
Thanks for the reply. I followed your advice, but found no .int document for KJFK in that folder.

I am thinking about doing a clean install of all FSDT products. Is there any particular procedures I should follow?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2014, 01:40:31 pm »
Is there any particular procedures I should follow?

Nothing special, what you are seeing simply cannot happen, and nobody else ever reported it before. Do you have at least all gates working in GSX ? Or do you see just Terminal 1, as shown in the editor page ?

raffywu

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2014, 01:31:44 am »
I do have all the gates at KJFK working properly with GSX. And I realize that I am still able to request follow me vehicle to guide me to any gates after arrival. So I am not very concerned with this now.

BTW, I have a question about runway pairings at KJFK. Today I had 170/6kts at KJFK (as shown in my weather engine and confirmed in ATIS). Therefore, the optimal runway pairings should be 13L/R and 22L/R. However, ATC kept sending arriving AIs to 4L/R for some reason. What could have been the cause? I use Active Sky Next as weather engine.

Thanks.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2014, 10:41:52 am »
Today I had 170/6kts at KJFK (as shown in my weather engine and confirmed in ATIS). Therefore, the optimal runway pairings should be 13L/R and 22L/R. However, ATC kept sending arriving AIs to 4L/R for some reason. What could have been the cause? I use Active Sky Next as weather engine.

Likely, the tailwind component wasn't high enough to warrant a runway change.