Author Topic: Moving Vehicles  (Read 2141 times)

MrSpeaker

Moving Vehicles
« on: August 26, 2014, 03:39:35 pm »
I want to permanently delete all the moving vehicles from my fsdt airports, It was suggested to me to click a box in the addon manager but this is not permanent or does not work most times. Are there specific files I can remove there must be. I dont need busses and things moving around to enjoy your airports :) and I find it causes stutters just before landing. Please let me know what files to remove.
Ian

I7 975 Extreme @ 4.2 Ghz
Nvidia 260 GTX
Gigabyte X58-UD7
6GB Corsair Dominator 1600
Raptors
Corsair 800D Obsidian
XP 64
HP 24 In Widescreen
BOSE Companion 3
Seinfeld Quote of the Month:

"  It's like I'm Neil Armstrong. I turn around for a sip of Tang and. you jump out first

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Moving Vehicles
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2014, 06:06:38 pm »
The Addon Manager has an option to remove moving vehicles from FSDT airports, and it IS "permanent", provided you also press the "Save to FSX" button, otherwise is valid for the current session only.

If you think it's not working, maybe because what you are seeing are the FSX default ground vehicles, and those are instead controlled by the default GSX Airport ground traffic slider.

In any case, I doubt that those few ground vehicles are causing stutters.

As discussed many times already on the forum, there's an Addon Manager settings, the "Anti pop-up" slider, that allows you to choose between saving memory and fps, or getting less pauses. If you set it higher than default ( which is 1 ), objects will be loaded earlier, so you'll get only one pause when the whole scenery loads, and probably a smoother flight afterwards, and the cost of increased memory usage and possibly fps loss. Your choice.