Author Topic: PMDG 777 300 ER Cargo doors open not detected by GSX  (Read 5694 times)

Jean-claude

PMDG 777 300 ER Cargo doors open not detected by GSX
« on: August 19, 2014, 05:28:26 pm »
I am experiencing this problem with the newly released PMDG 777 300 ER, GSX asks me to open the cargo doors to start boarding when they are actually opened. When I check visually all cargo doors are wide open and the loading equipment is properly in place, bagage vehicles and staff are waiting but nothing happens as I get the green/white message "Open cargo doors" on the top of my screen.

May I please request assistance on this, a search gave no result.
Thank you!

Jean-Claude

theshack440

Re: PMDG 777 300 ER Cargo doors open not detected by GSX
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2014, 06:06:30 pm »
It is strange that that is happening. Did you try closing and re-opening the doors? If that doesn't work, then you should go to the "aircraft menu" (I believe that's what it is called) under the addon menu in FSX. If you are in the PMDG 777-300ER, then you can select the option for GSX to not wait for you to open the cargo doors in order to begin its services. In other words, it won't wait for you to open the doors, so you won't have the problem that you are having now. Hope that helps.
Happy Flying,
Wallace

www.theshackflights.com
Pilot and Head of Public Relations

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2014, 06:20:59 pm »
Are you sure you see the exact message "Open Cargo doors" ?

You are not supposed to see that message with the PMDG 777, if the airplane is using the configuration that comes with GSX, the cargo doors should be referenced as "FWD Cargo" and "AFT Cargo", the same naming convention you see on the PMDG FMC.

This seems to indicate the airplane isn't using the internal configuration that comes with GSX, because of the following reasons:

1) You don't have the latest update to GSX code, which was published a couple of days after the 777-300 was released. To fix this, download and install the latest Stand-Alone Addon Manager for FSX.

OR

2) You tried to configure the airplane manually, and made some kind of mistake or have not configured the doors variables, which are custom for this airplane. To fix this, remove any GSX.CFG file you might have in one of these folders:

%APPDATA%\Virtuali\GSX\Airplanes\PMDG 777-300ER
FSX\Simobjects\Airplanes\PMDG 777-300ER

Jean-claude

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2014, 06:37:37 pm »
Thank you for your reply Umberto, I shall do what you suggest, I had updated GSX each time I was notified by the programme after the PMDG B777 release so I believe I do have the latest update, as for the doors I have not reconfigured anything at all and I am using the PMDG "turn around" state which includes the cargo doors and L2 open.

In any case, I will check all the elements you mentioned and will re-dowload the latest Stand-Alone Addon Manager (I had done that as well).

Again many thanks for your prompt reply.

Jean-Claude