Author Topic: Help with choosing a scenery!  (Read 4106 times)

Somarrij

Help with choosing a scenery!
« on: August 19, 2014, 08:25:11 pm »
I get my new computer tomorrow and im trying to decide which scenery i should buy. im planning on using fs passengers and i cant decide which scenery and airline to fly for. i have 3 airlines in mind and 2 sceneries i cant decide on getting first. any suggestions?

-American airlines with Dallas Fort worth scenery or Chicago O'hare Scenery.
-Delta with ImagineSim KATL scenery or Chicago O'hare
-United with Chicago O'hare scenery

Any help would be greatly appreciated!  ;D :)

JSilva

Re: Help with choosing a scenery!
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2014, 09:18:20 pm »
For scenery, I'd recommend KDFW (aka, Dallas Fort Worth) because it uses 100% Pure FSX Code, relys on GPU rather than CPU, and is DX10 Compatible so it performs better (Also, KDFW is the first scenery for FSDT to use these and since then (2010), it became a standard for FSDT Airports).
KORD doesn't have that as back in 2008, the idea of DX10, and GPU usage over CPU usage wasn't thought of yet but I could be wrong. Seeing the three airlines you thought of, if the new PC is good enough; you could go with KORD.
I don't know about ImagineSim KATL.
I think it would be recommended to use KDFW because of better performance or if you want to fly all three airlines, go with KORD.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 09:26:05 pm by JSilva »
PC Specs: Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Z97 PRO Wi-Fi AC, G.Skill Trident X 2x8GB RAM DDR3 2400MHz CL10, Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti 11GB EVGA SC2, Corsair RM750

Somarrij

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2014, 09:26:23 pm »
Thanks, DFW does look really really good and its been my number one choice, but ive been thinking of the others also. im probably gonna get KORD after i get DFW and probably fly out of both. i hope my computer runs it well. i am getting a core i7 at 4.0 ghz, Nvidia 750ti and i have 8 gb of ram.

JSilva

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2014, 10:16:49 pm »
That would be a good idea. I am pretty sure your PC would do fine since I have similar specs as you do, with the exception of the GPU.
PC Specs: Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Z97 PRO Wi-Fi AC, G.Skill Trident X 2x8GB RAM DDR3 2400MHz CL10, Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti 11GB EVGA SC2, Corsair RM750

Somarrij

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2014, 10:25:19 pm »
ok thanks!!!! :D

VitaminA330

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2014, 11:49:09 pm »
Well, for all the sceneries you mentioned there are test/demo Versions. The FSDT ones disappear after some minutes while at the ImagineSim sceneries the buildings are flickering and there are boxes flickering over the runways in the demo versions if I remember correctily. So I would recommend to test all those sceneries in your sim before deciding which one you buy. I personally would have the following preferences (but remember that it's just my personal taste):

1) FSDT Dallas-Fort Worth [definetly one of my favourite Airports in FSX, done very well in all aspects + AI traffic runs perfect because of the layout]
2) FSDT Chicago O'Hare [still quite good quality, but as mentioned above, heavier on framerates because of older techniques + if you know the current status of the real thing, it might not be up to date]
3) ImagineSim Atlanta [not keen on any of their sceneries, but I don't want to further slag off other developers here; however: beautiful geographical location and one of the very few Delta hubs (currently) availible in FS]

Again, I would strongly recommend to test all those sceneries before you buy, so that you can see which one fits best to you and your system.

Happy flying and Cheers from Germany!

Dominik

Somarrij

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2014, 12:37:52 am »
i love both Delta And American so im very indecisive about which one to pick  :-\ im most likely gonna try the demos first to see which one i like the best, Thanks!

Lude2Envy

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2014, 01:55:26 am »
I would start with KLAX personally, but any scenery from FSDT is a good one.
Ian

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.7GHz
16 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4
ASUS Z170-Deluxe
Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti
Samsung 950 Pro SSD x2, Samsung 850 Pro SSD