Author Topic: GSX setup issue  (Read 3265 times)

Chrisinnewark

GSX setup issue
« on: August 06, 2014, 10:01:09 pm »
Apologies if this has been asked before. I've quickly scanned some of the topics here but didn't see a similar post.
I've just got GSX for the first time, I've activated it and I was trying to use it on the Majestic Dash 8. The trucks didn't seem to line up correctly with the doors so I tried playing with the settings to figure it out. However, when I tried to manually align the trucks with the doors using the 3D editor the view jumped around violently and I couldn't do anything, in fact I had to exit FSX. It's done the same thing every time I've tried going into the editor.
Has anyone else had this and know the solution?
Cheers

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX setup issue
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2014, 10:27:09 pm »
I've just got GSX for the first time, I've activated it and I was trying to use it on the Majestic Dash 8. The trucks didn't seem to line up correctly with the doors so I tried playing with the settings to figure it out.

GSX supports the Majestic Dash 8 out of the box, without requiring any special configuration, and nobody reported a problem with the alignment of vehicles.  See the attached screenshot.

There are other issues with it, during the pushback, not related to GSX, but with the fact that airplane use a non-standard flight model, and we also added some features in GSX that Majestic could use to detect if GSX is pushing, so it's now up to them to fix the remaining issues to have the airplane behave like all others. But this doesn't have anything to do with alignment.

However, when I tried to manually align the trucks with the doors using the 3D editor the view jumped around violently and I couldn't do anything, in fact I had to exit FSX. It's done the same thing every time I've tried going into the editor.

This is usually caused by your joystick null-zone not properly calibrated. Either calibrate the null zone correctly, or turn off the joystick input (CTRL+K key by default) before entering the editor. However, you shouldn't have any need to edit the airplane to begin with.

Try to remove your custom configuration file, by removing the following folder:

%APPDATA%\Virtuali\Airplane\mjc8q400

Then restart Couatl, so you'll using the configuration that comes with GSX.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 10:29:32 pm by virtuali »

Chrisinnewark

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2014, 10:29:24 pm »
Cheers. Maybe I was wrong when I thought that the stairs weren't aligned with the door. I'll check again.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 10:29:44 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2014, 10:30:23 pm »
Cheers. Maybe I was wrong when I thought that the stairs weren't aligned with the door. I'll check again.

You are not even supposed to see stairs to begin with! The configuration that comes with GSX disables all stairs, because the airplane has its own staircase.