Author Topic: Coatl not showing in Add-ons list, CTRL+F12 does nothing  (Read 3994 times)

Matsooh

Coatl not showing in Add-ons list, CTRL+F12 does nothing
« on: July 20, 2014, 12:11:22 am »
Hello guys,

I'm still in trouble with the coatl thing... I'm about to kick out the PC out of the window...

Reinstalled GSX, removed Add-on manager & Coatl
Redownloaded and installed with Anti-virus OFF
Started FSX, gave permision to both Addon manager & Coatl
Have checked if not listed in untrusted publishers, and deleted (Reinstalled already)

And still only addon-mangager in Add-ons list, guys please help, and do something about this hell, so many customers have problems with it, so please please please fix this, this is so annoying, and makes me so angry...

Thanks in advance
Greetings
Mats

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Coatl not showing in Add-ons list, CTRL+F12 does nothing
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2014, 12:18:04 am »
And still only addon-mangager in Add-ons list, guys please help, and do something about this hell, so many customers have problems with it, so please please please fix this, this is so annoying, and makes me so angry...

There's nothing to "fix". There hasn't been a single case ever reported, that a failure to even *start* the program has anything to do with it. ALL reported cases of a failure to START, are always the result of some external interference, and in 99% of the cases is the antivirus.

This, based on your report of Couatl not even starting.

If, instead, is not really "not starting", but it starts and then it crashes after a while, then it might be an entirely different issue. Again, always caused by external factors that we cannot fix on our side, just different ones.

To verify if Couatl just doesn't start, or it crashes, try to keep the Task Manager open while FSX is starting, and pay attention if the Couatl.exe process appears, even for a brief moment.

If it doesn't appear, and you are sure you authorized it and not un-trusted it, than it's almost invariably the antivirus, not properly stopped when installing, or not properly configured before starting FSX, or a combinations of the two.

In, instead, is starting and then crashing, we can have some troubleshooting options in Couatl to verify the issue.

The obvious point is: if Couatl is not even starting, because something else is blocking it, there's just nothing we can "fix" on it, because OUR code hasn't even STARTED. That's the whole point of security software: they are blocking a program BEFORE it got even a chance to run its first line of code. If they didn't do it, they wouldn't be very effective, and if we could "defend" ourselves against a security program that is mistakenly blocking our program by doing "something", that would defy the purpose of having a security program in the first place. Unfortunately, they ARE very good at blocking programs but the issue is, they are SO good, that they block even legitimate software in the process.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 12:22:32 am by virtuali »

Matsooh

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2014, 11:31:39 am »
Hello!

First of all, thanks for the fast answer! That's really apreciated!  ;D

I understand that if the code doesn't start it's not totaly your fault, but with payware add-ons I do expect something working as promised, but since alot of people got this problems....

But ok, thanks for the reply, I checked my task manager, and during startup Couatl.exe was showed. It kept stand there until I started loading the flight, when I could start flying, loading done, then I saw Couatl.exe wasn't listed.

Stil a problem in anti-virus? For your info I'm using Mcaffee.

Thanks in advance

Hnla

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2014, 04:54:55 pm »
but with payware add-ons I do expect something working as promised, but since alot of people got this problems....

They do, if the add ons didn't work "as promised" every single user would be having problems. Instead, you are the only one claiming this.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2014, 10:45:59 pm »
I understand that if the code doesn't start it's not totaly your fault

If your antivirus is defective, it's not at fault AT ALL, not just "not totally"!

,but with payware add-ons I do expect something working as promised, but since alot of people got this problems...

They are available IN TRIAL. If they "didn't work as promised", not many user would buy in the first place, and we probably would get rid of the Trial, if it really failed on "alot of people". The usual issue is, on a SUPPORT forum, only people that have problems are posting, the vast majority that doesn't have any problems won't report them here.