Author Topic: Buildings and ground texture go missing? **SOLVED**  (Read 4299 times)

flightdude77

Buildings and ground texture go missing? **SOLVED**
« on: January 15, 2015, 12:22:55 pm »
Hello everyone,

I have this major problem with my FSX ,that after a whie , a lot of parts from the FSDT airports go missing and also the ground texture. This happens to me after a flight when I usually do the approach and land at an Airport ,but this also happens to my Taxi2Gate, Flightbeam and FlyTampa Products and other airport products ,like from UK2000 remain the same and nothing happens.

Another problem is ,is when I start FSX during daytime and land at night ,everything at the airport completly dissapears. But when I start at night and land at night or day ,it's the same problem like mentioned above, that only a lot of parts dissapear but you still can see some walls etc....

Does anyone know which problem I have? Whether I have to change something in the scenery or files?

I appreciate every help! Thanks.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 04:58:23 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Buildings and ground texture go missing?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2015, 12:34:48 pm »
The most likely cause is video memory exhaustion, because you are using a memory-hungry airplane and too high settings (or a combinations of the two).

To reduce the memory used, the options are:

- lower your settings, especially the scenery radius

- don't use HD textures

- use DX10

To exclude issue with tweaks and video driver settings, try all the following:

- Update your video driver

- Reset your video driver settings to default

- Reset the FSX settings to default, by removing the following file:

%APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX\FSX.CFG

This will force FSX to rebuild a new config with all default settings. After doing this, be sure you apply the HIGHMEMFIX tweak in the Addon Manager, save the settings and restart FSX.

flightdude77

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2015, 07:07:07 pm »
Ok I applied all settings and changed it ,but I will take a while to check everything again whether it really works

flightdude77

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2015, 04:57:51 pm »
Ok thanks it worked great! Nothing is dissapearing anymore!