Author Topic: Add Manager indicates JFK V2 is installed when it's not.  (Read 4932 times)

tf51d

Add Manager indicates JFK V2 is installed when it's not.
« on: May 14, 2014, 06:28:23 pm »
Hi! I'm having an issue with the Add Manger after unistallation of JFK V2. I tried the trial a while ago and chose to ninstall it, as my system was not up to it, and I don't fly out of JFK that often anymore because of performance. (32bit Vista C2D system.). I just went to fly out of JFK with a freeware package (Glenn Johnsons KJFK), and noticed the Trial warning message for JFK V2.  As far as the system and FSX is concerned the product shows uninstalled, but now when AddManager still indicates it's installed and Outdated. As I do with all my software installs/uninstalls I do a fresh reboot. I did originally have JFK V1, but uninstalled it first. These are the steps I took when I installed it.

1. Fresh reboot
2. Uninstall JFK V1
3. Fresh reboot
4 Install JFK V2.
5. Tried it for a while in FSX decided not to buy it. (Sorry)  ;D
6. Fresh reboot
7. Uninstall JFK V2
I haven't flew out of JFK since until today.

Today, I went to fly out of JFK and noticed the issue.

Checked Addon manager and it indicates JFK V2 is installed but outdated.

Check installed programs to see if some how it still was, and it wasn't.

Checked FSX scenery library to see if there was an entry, it wasn't.

As a last attempt, I downloaded the current JFK V2 and installed it., then after a reboot Uninstalled it. Checked again in FSX and the AddonManager still indicates it's installed and outdated, see attached. Don't know what else to try!

Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Add Manager indicates JFK V2 is installed when it's not.
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2014, 09:57:09 pm »
It's likely an issue similar to this one:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,7493.msg62515.html#msg62515

In case of JFK, the file that is checked is called JFK_OBX.BGL, if that free scenery has a file with that name, just rename it as anything else.

tf51d

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2014, 02:39:32 am »
Thanks! That was it!! Another problem you should know about, though off topic and unrelated, is there appears to be a problem with your website (fsdreamteam.com) with the current version of Firefox. It's missing the top menu bar, to access your product lines, support, etc. It works fine with Internet Explorer. Had to access the forum in a Google Search.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2014, 10:01:36 am »
Thanks! That was it!! Another problem you should know about, though off topic and unrelated, is there appears to be a problem with your website (fsdreamteam.com) with the current version of Firefox. It's missing the top menu bar, to access your product lines, support, etc. It works fine with Internet Explorer.

It also works fine in Google Chrome, And Apple Safari (both in Mac OS and iPhone+iPad) so, if it doesn't work in Firefoxe, it's really something wrong in Firefox. The top menu is made with a very simple Javascript, perhaps you have some setting in the browser that blocks Javascript.

EDIT:
Try to clear the browser cache and restart it now, it should work, perhaps Firefox is caching Javascript too aggressively, and a file in the cache might have been missing/corrupted. I downloaded Firefox now, and it works here.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 11:42:37 am by virtuali »

tf51d

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2014, 02:03:52 pm »
Just checked, although I didn't do anything yet it works now! Maybe I caught it while it was on maintenance or something! Weird though it worked in IE at that time!