Author Topic: Need Help With Potential Addonmanager Problem  (Read 3394 times)

tanker49

Need Help With Potential Addonmanager Problem
« on: May 07, 2014, 10:01:08 am »
Hi Guys: I have nearly all of sceneries and I love all of them.  I am having a problem with P3D Vers. 2 howevever.  With the addon manager/bglmanx.dll entry in the dll.xml file, the program repeatedly crashes in a few minutes. In AppCrashView, it states the fault module is StackHash_b095.  If I remove these entries from the dll.xml file, P3D2 runs fine with no crashes.  I also tried changing the entry order in the dll.xml file so that the FSUPIC entry is above the bglmanx entry.  That merely extended the amount of time before the crash.  I am far from an expert on programing, and I understand that the problem may not be the direct cause of the addon manager software.  Nevertheless, I am hoping you have some ideas.  Thank you. Mike Gutierrez, North Hollywood, California.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Need Help With Potential Addonmanager Problem
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2014, 10:06:34 am »
I am having a problem with P3D Vers. 2 howevever.  With the addon manager/bglmanx.dll entry in the dll.xml file, the program repeatedly crashes in a few minutes. In AppCrashView, it states the fault module is StackHash_b095. 

Where ? At any random airport ? Or, only at FSDT airports ? If this happens everywhere, then it's sure it has nothing to do with it.

tanker49

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2014, 10:17:12 am »
The problem occurs regardless of where I start the flight.  Do you have any ideas about what may be causing the problem? Are you aware of any potential conflicts with other addons that might be contributing to these crashes.  Thanks for your help.  Mike

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2014, 10:25:44 am »
The problem occurs regardless of where I start the flight.

That seems to indicate the problem doesn't have anything to do with the addon manager program because, if you are flying outside the area on an airport managed by it, it doesn't do anything.

Are you aware of any potential conflicts with other addons that might be contributing to these crashes.

There are too many add-ons out there so, it's impossible to tell. The most likely cause might be an Addon that is not made or not tested in P3D.

You can selectively disable all your add-ons by setting <Disabled>True</Disabled> in the DLL.XML and the EXE.XML files. Disable everything except bglmanx.dll in the DLL.XML file and Couatl.exe in the EXE.XML file, and see if the crashes go away.

tanker49

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2014, 10:44:12 am »
I think I found the solution. I hunted around the net a found that a stackhash error usually results from DEP (Data Execution Prevention) in Windows 7.  The shut down DEP trough the command prompt, and it appears to have solved the problem.  Will have to wait and see.  I can always restore DEP later if I need.  Thanks for the great scenery. Mike Gutierrez