Author Topic: Issue with the FSXBA Hornet?  (Read 4043 times)

PanicMan15

Issue with the FSXBA Hornet?
« on: December 28, 2015, 01:48:55 am »
So Im a little curious as to what is going on with my Hornet. I have been experiencing an enormous amount of lag after being in the cockpit for about 10-15 minutes. It progressively gets worse as the time passes. I have ruled out a few things.
1. Not my computer (My brother has a laptop and it runs fine on his)
2. It isn't my settings ingame (Maybe a config file?)
3. It is all the FSXBA Hornets from 2014 and up.
4. It isnt the effects cause I took those out and it still did it

My thinking it is my ram being topped out but it doesn't make sense cause I have good ram and plenty if it. My second thought is that it is a config file. I seem to be the only one experiencing this great lag. It is fine when i first load in but it gets progressively worse as I fly it! I really want to fly the Hornet, it is a beautiful aircraft but I have no clue what to do about the lag. Also I tried to unlock my frames but no joy... Hopefully someone will help me with this!  :-\

jimi08

• FSX BLUE ANGELS
Re: Issue with the FSXBA Hornet?
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2015, 02:43:25 am »
Hey Panic.  Sorry to hear you are having issues.  Can you please tell me which version of the aircraft you have (i.e. 15.6, 14.8 etc)?

Justin "Jimi" Hendrix
FSX Blue Angels
FSXBA F/A-18C Hornet Latest Download Link: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,6944.msg117011.html#msg1

hd764jvgd843

Re: Issue with the FSXBA Hornet?
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2015, 11:07:08 am »
Sounds like a memory leak to me!

Have a look at the a) overall memory consumption, and b) if any exe's (fsx/prepar3d) in particular look suspicious in terms of memory allocation over time.
Possible causes:
- Could be from any addon you use in combination with the sim.
- Could be a faulty graphics driver. Use GPU-Z and have a look at the dedicated and dynamic memory usage of your graphics card.
- Could be some cfg tweaks you may have implemented.
- Could be a faulty 3rd party software, like an AV that is monitoring your system and is getting out of sync.

Hope these suggestions may be of some help to you what to look for.
Peter