Author Topic: Marshaller not working correctly **SOLVED**  (Read 4607 times)

rondon9897

Marshaller not working correctly **SOLVED**
« on: April 10, 2014, 04:20:24 pm »
Hi everyone,

Only recently invested in GSX and am loving it. However, I'm having a problem with the marshaller/ ground engineer. First of all, the ground engineer who follows the aircraft out on the pushback does not walk (as he does in youtube videos i've seen that use GSX), instead he glides across the floor in the most bizarre way. How can I get him to walk? Also, no matter which airport I'm at or aircraft I'm flying, the marshaller simply does not guide me in. He stands perfectly still and does nothing. I do use EZDok - does that affect things? I'm using FSX, FTX Global, UK2000 and aerosoft airports. Don't know what else to tell you. can anyone help?

Thanks,
John
« Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 09:56:57 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Marshaller not working correctly
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2014, 05:19:41 pm »
First of all, the ground engineer who follows the aircraft out on the pushback does not walk (as he does in youtube videos i've seen that use GSX), instead he glides across the floor in the most bizarre way. How can I get him to walk? Also, no matter which airport I'm at or aircraft I'm flying, the marshaller simply does not guide me in. He stands perfectly still and does nothing.

This has been discussed many times already on the forum: if you see any object from far away, FSX will automatically turn off all the animations to save fps. It's entirely outside of our control.

You must look at the marshaller from a closer distance and/or zoom in a bit. It's possible that your use of EZDok camera might affect this, maybe FSX can't correctly evaluate the viewing distance in this case. Try to use a default view and see if it makes any difference.

rondon9897

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2014, 09:08:03 pm »
no i'm afraid it doesn't work even with ezdok disabled and full zoom. there is something strange going on here

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2014, 09:31:23 pm »
no i'm afraid it doesn't work even with ezdok disabled and full zoom. there is something strange going on here

Check you have the "Advanced animations" option enabled in your graphic settings. If that doesn't fix it, than the zoom/view distance is the only possible cause.

rondon9897

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2014, 06:57:08 am »
that was it, the animations were turned off. what a fool. thank you!