Author Topic: GSX failure  (Read 3133 times)

EasyE

GSX failure
« on: March 16, 2014, 08:05:00 pm »
Good day. I have recently been getting this error upon trying to activate GSX in sim. (see below) Could anyone tell me what the problem may be?

couatl v2.0 (build 2358)
panic log started on Sat Mar 15 00:52:56 2014

problem raised by addon <unknown>Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "couatl\common\fsm.py", line 67, in executeDoFuncToCompletion
  File "couatl\GSX\assistanceServices\catering.py", line 191, in do
  File "couatl\GSX\assistanceServices\baseAssistanceVehicle.py", line 205, in do
  File "couatl\common\simObjectMoverIK.py", line 286, in run
RuntimeError: cruise speed must be positive

« Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 09:30:54 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX failure
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2014, 09:31:58 pm »
RuntimeError: cruise speed must be positive

This error has been discussed several times already on the forum.

This error indicates the scenery AFCAD has an error, like overlapping nodes, orphaned nodes, unconnected links, unreachable parkings, etc. You might try to fix it using the ADE or AFX "Fault Finder" options, or at least having an idea what's wrong with the AFCAD, and report it to the developers.

EasyE

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2014, 09:46:37 pm »
Well, I uninstalled GSX then reinstalled GSX and loaded up at the same parking spot I was at previously and now it works. I was using the NGX and I've been having some performance issues with it so I've uninstalled it. I tested the reinstall of GSX with the Aerosoft AXE and GSX worked fine. Could GSX fail due to a corrupt aircraft install?

EasyE

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2014, 09:56:52 pm »
Ok. That particular parking spot works with the Airbus but not with the 737NGX. If I relocate to a different spot, GSX works with the 737. Very odd. But, least now I know I just can't park in that spot. Thanks Umberto. I'll send the developer and email.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2014, 10:03:27 pm »
Ok. That particular parking spot works with the Airbus but not with the 737NGX. If I relocate to a different spot, GSX works with the 737. Very odd. But, least now I know I just can't park in that spot. Thanks Umberto. I'll send the developer and email.

The airplane used might be a factor, but the real issue is the scenery AFCAD.

Depending on the airplane configuration, vehicles are placed at different places so they might use different approach routes so, one airplane configuration might not show the problem with the AFCAD, simply because the chosen route might not pass through the problematic nodes, but there must some kind of problem with the AFCAD in that area.