Author Topic: Couatl update  (Read 3527 times)

Captramzi

Couatl update
« on: March 05, 2014, 08:11:24 pm »
recently I've been receiving messages from couatl saying that an update is available.. but the update is failing I get messages like " pythgon support file was not installed " and " fsx failed to update ".
help please

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Couatl update
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2014, 09:12:11 am »
but the update is failing I get messages like " pythgon support file was not installed " and " fsx failed to update ".

The "python support file was not installed" is NOT an error, and nowhere the program let it appear as if it was an error. It's just part of a progress bar label, which is simply saying that, since you don't have a certain scenery installed, it's not installing any python support files for it, because they are not needed.

The "fsx failed to update", instead, doesn't exist in the whole installer so, you must have seen something else so, please, clearly indicate the precise, exact text of the message, and we'll see if this is really an error.

KingCat

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2014, 10:06:54 am »
I think the OP means that "fsx failed to update" refers to the error message that the installer of the standalone addonmanager displays afterwards. It says something about that "there was a problem updating some of your sceneries.". I don't remember the exact message, but it was something like that. I've also seen it several times. Too bad the installer is not clear about what exactly the problem is.

Jon

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2014, 10:14:00 am »
I think the OP means that "fsx failed to update" refers to the error message that the installer of the standalone addonmanager displays afterwards. It says something about that "there was a problem updating some of your sceneries.".

That's the reason why I've asked the precise, exact, text of the error.

There are several different messages, some of them are not really a problem (like one of the live update servers momentarily down), other might be a problem and, of course, it's ALSO possible to enable full installation logging, which is always an option to know exactly what's was going on because, even if the installer is "not very clear", it IS logging each and every operation it does, but that is turned off by default, because it wouldn't usually make sense to create a text file with many thousands of lines, with each one, in 99.9% of the cases, saying that everything worked...
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 10:16:49 am by virtuali »