Author Topic: Cannot install Vancouver into my Prepar3d v2.1 **SOLVED**  (Read 4599 times)

pipeorgan

Cannot install Vancouver into my Prepar3d v2.1 **SOLVED**
« on: February 24, 2014, 08:12:28 pm »
HI,

Just trying to install Vancouver into my Prepar3d v2.1 which is in D:\  my root directory of an SSD.

The installer says

Prepar3d.2x found in
D:\

Do you want to install here? and I reply yes and

then after selecting textures etc. an error message says

"You must enter a full path with drive letter for example

C:\APP

or a UNC path in the form

\\server\share"

Not quite sure what I should now do so any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

John

« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 01:25:05 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Cannot install Vancouver into my Prepar3d v2.1
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2014, 12:50:12 pm »
Just trying to install Vancouver into my Prepar3d v2.1 which is in D:\  my root directory of an SSD.

You just can't install the sim into a root folder, you will have countless of problems from installers not getting write privileges, since using the root folder to install an app is considered to be very unsafe, so it's blocked by default at many levels by the OS.

Reinstall P3D into a sub-folder, such as D:\Prepar3D v2

pipeorgan

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2014, 05:39:29 pm »

You just can't install the sim into a root folder, you will have countless of problems from installers not getting write privileges, since using the root folder to install an app is considered to be very unsafe, so it's blocked by default at many levels by the OS.

Reinstall P3D into a sub-folder, such as D:\Prepar3D v2

Thank you for the advise, I didn't know that. Many add-ones have worked and so far this is is first that failed. I am however now uninstalling everything and reinstalling as you suggested.

Cheers. John

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2014, 05:55:34 pm »
Many add-ones have worked and so far this is is first that failed.

This is just because none of the add-ons you tried had to install anything in the P3D root folder, which in your case was the same as the hard drive root, but you would likely have found problems from other products, along the way.

pipeorgan

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2014, 08:50:52 pm »
All is now working so well I have now purchased Vancouver, love it. Thanks for the excellent support:)