Author Topic: Mobile Stairs  (Read 2614 times)

chumley

Mobile Stairs
« on: February 20, 2014, 12:40:44 am »
There three different stair types that I have seen. Two of them are mounted on the back of trucks and the third is a type with a hook that should attach to a baggage cart type tug. When the third type is moved up to an aircraft it arrives independently of any motorised source and raises without any sign of a person attending. I have seen in the real locally stairs of this type that are moved into position by manpower and also by motorised cart propulsion.

Whilst everything else is quite realistic this visually detracts from the immersion.

Is it intended that this omission will be corrected?

On another matter, when the baggage handlers load the conveyers they always leave some behind in the trolleys. I guess this is to simulate the passenger in Sydney, bags in Rio scenario ;D. It would be nice if the carts arrived empty for deboarding and left full and arrived full for boarding and left empty. Just a thought.

Finally, I've only had GSX for a couple of days but I must say it is well done and I'm enjoying the value add it gives to my FSX activities.

Andy b

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Mobile Stairs
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2014, 11:42:20 am »
Whilst everything else is quite realistic this visually detracts from the immersion.

Is it intended that this omission will be corrected?

It's surely not a bug, it has been made like this because human animations are very complex, and especially in this case, where the human should also walk on any path so, like the wingwalker, is not a canned animation. This would make that specific stair a special case that would require an entirely new code part.

Maybe it's something for a future version.

On another matter, when the baggage handlers load the conveyers they always leave some behind in the trolleys. I guess this is to simulate the passenger in Sydney, bags in Rio scenario ;D. It would be nice if the carts arrived empty for deboarding and left full and arrived full for boarding and left empty. Just a thought.

Same as above. Not for exactly the same reasons, but still it's something for a future version.

chumley

Re: Mobile Stairs
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2014, 02:19:08 am »
Thank you for your comments.

I understand when you say the people animations are customised.

However, I would have thought attaching a vehicle, similar to the baggage handling carts, would not be a difficult process. At least then the stairs would arrive with some legitimacy.

Thanks