Author Topic: SimObjects not visible, but aircraft labels shining through scenery (P3D 2.1)  (Read 4110 times)

Chevy

Hi,
I just installed Prepar3D 2.1 from scratch and CYVR was my first scenery to install. With it I got a strange behaviour:

http://s7.directupload.net/images/140217/2ihsofph.png

All the Misc SimObjects in the folder "FSDT_DYVR" and "FSDT_CYVR_VHE" are not visible at the airport. Nevertheless all the aircraft labes shine through the scenery so that the whole airport is labeled red from the distance. ;-)

http://s1.directupload.net/images/140217/t6mf8pbb.png

Of course I can deactivate the labels but the SimObjects are gone, regardless of the percentage I chose in the traffic settings of Prepar3D 2.1

Is there anything I do wrong? Or do you have an idea of what I'm speaking? Thanks for any help.
Christian
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 05:29:34 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Of course I can deactivate the labels but the SimObjects are gone, regardless of the percentage I chose in the traffic settings of Prepar3D 2.1

Is there anything I do wrong? Or do you have an idea of what I'm speaking? Thanks for any help.

There's nothing wrong with the scenery, you simply must disable the labels.

There's a bug in P3D (which we reported to LM, but it hasn't been fixed yet), that *every* kind of Simobject (ground, boats, static objects, etc.) is labeled, even if the labels are supposed to be for airplanes only. FSX didn't had this problem, the aircraft labels option only turned on labels for aircraft, not everything.

Having the label turned on/off, doesn't have any effect on what you see in the scenery, except the labels of course, which might be annoying, so best turn them off.

Chevy

Umberto,
thanks for your answer. That's really funny but explains it perfectly. Please stay on the gear with LM to fix this in a future update. It's really annoying. Sometimes you might want to turn the labels on for flying aircraft. But then you are presented a myriad of labels hovering through the scenery... Not as intended... ;-)