Author Topic: Registration not working  (Read 4367 times)

Johnathan Pata

Registration not working
« on: February 12, 2014, 11:59:33 pm »
Hey FSDT,

I dont think this is where I am supposed to post this but anyways... I started to load FSX and all my scenery again due to a hard drive failure but when i go to register my scenery it will not let me add my serial number. Thank you for helping me out. I have not installed GSX yet I am waiting to install that last.

Scenery I have is...

klax
klas
kdfw
GSX
Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10850K
OPERATING SYSTEM:Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium, 64Bit
HARD DRIVE: 1 SAMSUNG EVO 840 SSD with 2TB HDD and a 875W Multi-GPU Approved Power Supply
MEMORY: 32GB Dual Channel DDR3 at 1333MHz   
VIDEO CARD:4GB NVIDIA GTX 960

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Registration not working
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2014, 01:16:21 am »
when i go to register my scenery it will not let me add my serial number.

This explanation is not very clear. What you mean with "it will not let me" ? Do you see an error when you insert your Serial ? If yes, which one ? You don't see anything ?

Johnathan Pata

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2014, 07:37:14 am »
When I go into the manager and you have the choice to choose the product and if you want to buy or register it, when I click to register serial it will exit out of the manager as if i am clicking OK so it wont let me input the serial number.
HARD DRIVE: 1 SAMSUNG EVO 840 SSD with 2TB HDD and a 875W Multi-GPU Approved Power Supply

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2014, 02:31:44 pm »
when I click to register serial it will exit out of the manager as if i am clicking OK so it wont let me input the serial number.

The problem is caused by another product that you are using.

First, check you are not running another add-on that is launching FSX itself. Launch FSX from its icon

And, be sure you don't have another add-on that is "stealing" the focus, so it forces the registration dialog behind the FSX one (the dialog is likely there, you just don't see it because of this other program). Programs that are known to cause this problem are online flying clients with chat windows and similar, or programs that launch FSX themselves.

Turn them off during the registration, you can turn them back on after the registration, and launch FSX from its own icon, not launch from another program.

Johnathan Pata

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2014, 05:12:35 am »
Thank you Virtuali it worked. I do have 1 more question and that is... in which sequence should GSX be installed? I have the PMDG NGX and I am wondering should I install NGX first before GSX?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2014, 10:24:03 am »
in which sequence should GSX be installed? I have the PMDG NGX and I am wondering should I install NGX first before GSX?

It doesn't matter.