Author Topic: [P3D2]Disappearing objects and jetways  (Read 4060 times)

Westiez

[P3D2]Disappearing objects and jetways
« on: February 02, 2014, 08:52:40 pm »
So I've recently decided to start using P3D V2 in combination with your addons. It's a great simulator and I expect a lot of it when I hear you speak about the possibilities.

Now, LSZH gives me some headache. There's the problem with the disappearing menu, but also a different one. It looks like something's wrong with the drawing distance for smaller objects.

Look at the pictures in the attachment and look at the jetways specifically. For example, the cables on the one where my aircraft is parked disappear and nearly anything on the jetways in the back disappears aswell. How can I fix this? Of course I've reinstalled the addon, couatl and Addon Manager numerous times.

Thanks for your help in advance! I love your products, I really do.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: [P3D2]Disappearing objects and jetways
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2014, 09:44:07 pm »
You haven't attached anything. However, it's normal that jetways and other objects would reduce in complexity after a certain viewing distance. That's called LOD optimization, and it's a good thing, to keep the fps up.

Note that, on top of being related to actual distance, the LOD is also dependent on the zoom settings so, if you fly with too wide zoom settings, such as 0.50 or less, details will disappear sooner. The scenery is optimized to be used with a zoom setting of 0.70, which is known to be the most realistic setting.

Westiez

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2014, 10:57:13 pm »
Whoops! I think the attachment function doesn't work as well as I thought it would. Imgur links coming soon!

Got 'm!
The biggest problem I have with this is that it is very annoying to see the details popping back in and out. The same thing happens with baggage carts if present.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 11:03:45 pm by Westiez »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2014, 07:49:09 am »
Your screenshots shows exactly what I've said: it's not a problem or a bug or something that needs to be fixed, it's just LOD optimization, which is more visible since you are using a fairly wide zoom setting. Just zoom in a bit and/or move the view closer, and all details should be there.