Author Topic: GSX Crash with Airbus X Extended  (Read 7233 times)

CPTAlp

• Beta tester
GSX Crash with Airbus X Extended
« on: January 19, 2014, 01:43:33 pm »
I have the problem "Couatl Scripting engine for FSX/ESP has stopped working." Every time I try to fly with Airbus X Extended. I tried reinstalling GSX, FSX, SP's, Airbus X Extended and Visual C++ 2005 as wrote on a thread like this. None of these worked. I can use GSX with NGX and other planes without problem but every time couatl scripting engine crashes when I try to fly with AXE. Last info it happens in all airports.

Please help I want to use GSX with AXE.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Crash with Airbus X Extended
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2014, 06:00:36 pm »
GSX works normally with the Airbus Extended X, since it's internally supported. You surely don't have to "reinstall" anything without even knowing *what's* causing it. The most likely cause it's some of your preference files corrupted, perhaps a GSX customization file for that airplane you made that has something wrong.

First, check if you have a Couatl.ERR file in your %APPDATA%\Virtuali folder. If you have it, post its content here.

If you don't, try to remove any custom configuration you made for that airplane, by removing every folder related to the Airbus Extended in the %APPDATA%\Virtuali\GSX\Airplanes folder. Also, check the main Airplane folder under FSX\Simobjects\Airplanes, and remove every GSX.CFG file you have there, if any. This will revert to use the configuration that comes with GSX.

Of course, I assume you use the very latest version of the GSX installer. If not, or not sure, download it again.

CPTAlp

• Beta tester
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2014, 06:27:22 pm »
I use the latest GSX with up to date addon manager and Couatl. I have the .err as below. I have a friend studying IT and he uses GSX with AXE too. He said maybe 4 GB RAM is not enough for AXE and GSX due to Extended's high RAM requirement. It can be wrong but I don't know.

Couatl Error file:

couatl v2.0 (build 2356)
panic log started on Sat Jan 18 23:19:30 2014

problem raised by engine or unspecified addonRuntimeError: Deadlock: the last runnable tasklet cannot be blocked.
Application aborted because of a Python error

CPTAlp

• Beta tester
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2014, 06:25:19 pm »
Umberto are you there ?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2014, 08:37:12 pm »
He said maybe 4 GB RAM is not enough for AXE and GSX due to Extended's high RAM requirement.

That's not a problem with GSX itself, because Coautl is an external process, so it runs on its own address space, not shared with FSX. Have you tried to reset all the eventual custom configuration files and use the default configuration that comes with GSX ?

CPTAlp

• Beta tester
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2014, 08:41:15 pm »
I tried to reset it but it did not worked. Why it only happens with AXE I can't understand by the way.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2014, 09:11:50 pm »
I tried to reset it but it did not worked. Why it only happens with AXE I can't understand by the way.

Check this too:

Also, check the main Airplane folder under FSX\Simobjects\Airplanes, and remove every GSX.CFG file you have there, if any.

The "Reset" option won't remove GSX.CFG files in the main airplane folder, because it assumes they are provided by the airplane developer.

CPTAlp

• Beta tester
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2014, 11:36:19 pm »
I searched for GSX.CFG on AXE folders and there was no GSX.cfg files in the AXE folders. Any help ???
It's getting interesting

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2014, 09:52:31 am »
I searched for GSX.CFG on AXE folders and there was no GSX.cfg files in the AXE folders. Any help ???

Since you are the only one ever reporting this problem with the Aerosoft Airbus, we can only proceed in the blind with trial and error. Does it happen at every airport ? Have you tried a default airport ?

CPTAlp

• Beta tester
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2014, 10:20:05 am »
Yes, I tried it. Airport and time doesn't matters if the aircraft is Aerosft Airbus it happens.

CPTAlp

• Beta tester
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2014, 06:49:44 am »
I want to add that when I use the Thomas Ruth A330 it happens too.

CPTAlp

• Beta tester
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2014, 06:31:29 pm »
Umberto please help I want to use GSX with Airbus X Extended.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2014, 12:55:13 am »
I can only repeat and confirm that GSX works fine with the Airbus Extended, and nobody reported a problem with it since the airplane has been included in the supported ones. I never saw that error in your log. How's your frame rate ? Perhaps is so bad, that GSX can't even talk with FSX.

CPTAlp

• Beta tester
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2014, 12:58:22 pm »
At Aerosoft Antalya X with Airbus X Extended I get 10 fps in VC and 15-20 in spot view.

Hnla

« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2014, 05:34:16 pm »
Yeah that's like horribly low FPS? Which only confirms his assumption:

Perhaps is so bad, that GSX can't even talk with FSX.