Author Topic: ATC makes me use one runway only  (Read 3087 times)

Paul.T.

ATC makes me use one runway only
« on: January 14, 2014, 12:06:01 am »
Hi Umberto ,

I have a question , I dont know if your products got to do any thing with my problem or is it something in FSX ?
ORD and JFK are 2 airports I fly a lot to. In JFK ATC makes me only use 1 runway all the time either for departure or landing its always 31L . Why ? I have this airport for about 3 months now and ATC never made me use a different runway .
In KORD it is only runway 10. Also in KORD ATC gives me wrong heading and altitude hold on final ILS approach .
It always tells me to hold 7000 feet where its to high and it wont catch my glide slope . I have to disobey ATC guidance
and descend to about 4000 feet and adjust correct heading other wise I would just fly totally other direction .
Do you have any idea whats going on or if I can fix this in any way ? I would really appreciate your help .
That didn't happen with default airports . Thank you .

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: ATC makes me use one runway only
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2014, 06:49:43 am »
That's normal FSX behavior.

You are being asked to always use the same runway, because FSX WILL always use the longest runway that has an ILS UNLESS the tailwind component is too high for that runway to be usable so, check your weather settings and, eventually, if you have a 3rd party weather program that controls weather.

About the problem at KORD approach, I'll check the approaches, perhaps there's a problem with it.

Paul.T.

Re: ATC makes me use one runway only
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2014, 05:06:02 pm »
Thank you Umberto ,

Im using REX and OPUSS !