Author Topic: How many times can I install  (Read 4976 times)

llNewton

How many times can I install
« on: January 12, 2014, 01:54:43 pm »
Hey! How many times can I install your products? I got GSX, KDFW and KLAX. I have installed them all with online registration but my fsx seems to mess up often so it happens that I install them once in a while. FSX likes to crash.

Hnla

Re: How many times can I install
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2014, 06:02:39 pm »
What do you mean "install", do you mean run the installer scenery after you have activated the scenery ? Once you have the scenery activated you can run the installer an infinite number of times, and it won't matter.

If you mean activation, you have a total of 6 activations of the product, with auto-reclaim avery 90 days.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2014, 09:11:31 pm »
Reinstalling on the same system, even if you remove the whole FSX, doesn't count as an activation so, this can be done an unlimited number of times.

If you reformat Windows or change hardware you will consume one of your 6 activations.

If you REMEMBER to use the "Deactivate" a product with the Addon Manager BEFORE upgrading/reformatting your system, you won't consume an activation and this can be done an unlimited number of times too.

So, basically, you can always reinstall an unlimited number of times, even after a complete reformat or new hardware, as long as you don't forget there's a "Deactivate" function, that you don't have to use, if you want to "just" reinstall, without a reformat or a change of hardware.

llNewton

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2014, 09:28:11 pm »
What do you mean "install", do you mean run the installer scenery after you have activated the scenery ? Once you have the scenery activated you can run the installer an infinite number of times, and it won't matter.

If you mean activation, you have a total of 6 activations of the product, with auto-reclaim avery 90 days.

Ok, thanks! What does auto-reclaim mean?

llNewton

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2014, 09:29:05 pm »
Reinstalling on the same system, even if you remove the whole FSX, doesn't count as an activation so, this can be done an unlimited number of times.

If you reformat Windows or change hardware you will consume one of your 6 activations.

If you REMEMBER to use the "Deactivate" a product with the Addon Manager BEFORE upgrading/reformatting your system, you won't consume an activation and this can be done an unlimited number of times too.

So, basically, you can always reinstall an unlimited number of times, even after a complete reformat or new hardware, as long as you don't forget there's a "Deactivate" function, that you don't have to use, if you want to "just" reinstall, without a reformat or a change of hardware.
`

Ok, but how come the limit is 6? Is there anyway I can check hom many I have left. I think I should have all even though I've reinstalled but who knows.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2014, 09:54:31 pm »
Ok, thanks! What does auto-reclaim mean?

If you exceeded all your 6 activations, when you request a new one, the system will check when you requested the last one. If it was more than 90 days earlier, you will be granted a new activation even if you used all your available ones.

If you exceeded all your 6 activations AND the last one was obtained LESS than 90 days earlier, you will see a "Too many activations" warning message, and you will have to contact us so we can manually add an activation.

No, there's no way for you to know how many activations you have but, if you see the "Too many activations" message, it means you have used all your 6 AND the last one was obtained less than 90 days before.

As I've said, if you always remember to Deactivate BEFORE reformatting or changing hardware, you will never have to worry about activation limits.

Hnla

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2014, 09:59:15 pm »
Really, 6 hardware changes in 90 days is extreme, 6 is WAY more than enough. Usually the case when people run out of activations before 90 days is they are sharing their codes with people.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2014, 10:00:26 pm »
Usually the case when people run out of activations before 90 days is they are sharing their codes with people.

Or users that forget they can Deactivate, that's the really most common case of running out of activations.