Author Topic: Another Lesson Learned The Hard Way  (Read 2574 times)

toriu

Another Lesson Learned The Hard Way
« on: December 24, 2013, 03:23:35 am »
Just purchased Los Angeles V2 to add to my CYVR and KJFK V2 with GSX to FSX additions.
I've just spent the last three hours trying to register it with the serial number but each time was unsuccessful. When I hit the Register Now key, nothing, no message box, nothing on the desk top.
Anyway to cut a long story short, I closed FSX down again and started it up from the FSX icon on the desk top (I have always started FSX via REX with the "Fly Now" button). This time the registration box came up and LA V2 is installed and active.
Just thought I'd mention it here in case another user has the same problem.
A Merry Christmas to all.  ;D
HAF932 850WPSU X58Chipset I7-920(OC@4.0Ghz)
12GBDDR3-1600MHz Radeon5850-1GBx2 W7HP64bit
FSX-Accel REX-Essential UTEur/USA FDC PFE TrafficX
FTX-PFJ,FTX-CRM,FTX-NRM,FTX-PNW,UK2000-EGLL
FSDT-GSX,FSDT-KJFK,FSDT-CYVR, fsgenesis CS-767
FTX-ENG,FTX-SCO

[img]http://www.oncourse-software.co.uk/forum_

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Another Lesson Learned The Hard Way
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2013, 10:31:04 am »
Anyway to cut a long story short, I closed FSX down again and started it up from the FSX icon on the desk top (I have always started FSX via REX with the "Fly Now" button). This time the registration box came up and LA V2 is installed and active.

Yes, the starting with REX issue ( and starting with Active sky too ) issue has been mentioned several times in the past.

There must be something wrong with the program focus when you start FSX from an external program, which makes our registration dialog to go in the back, is not really disappeared, but those programs seem to always force them into the foreground, which is a waste of valuable resources and possibly performances too, because Windows doesn't treat background programs with the same priority of those into the foreground, that's why you will probably always want to start FSX from its icon.